Let's roll.

Whoops wonderings...

Just curious...when the trail gets some maintenance love, would it be possible to lay down some paving stones (or whatever they're called) like at Black Rock or A-Line? It won't fix the braking bumps (unfortunately), but should help keep the tables from getting rutted. It would be awesome if some of the berms got this treatment too, although they're actually holding up pretty well.

Also, Phil's is better than I've seen it in a while. Not too bad, dust-wise. Also, the ride up to Helipad is still rocky.
    Bend, Oregon. Proof you don't have to die to get to heaven.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Thanks for the input on whoops maintenance. I am the steward of the trail and plan a work party for Whoops specifically every fall and a small one each spring. At this point, I'm interested in keeping the trail all dirt. Pavers can help, but can be dangerous once the dirt is worn away and the pavers get exposed.

Let's roll.
    Good point. Just thought I'd throw it out there. Is there a date for the Fall work party yet? Oh, and thanks for all your hard work. I got to ride with some people yesterday who rode it for the first time. They were grinning from ear to ear at the bottom.
    Bend, Oregon. Proof you don't have to die to get to heaven.

mtbr member
    Sat Oct 10 Biketoberfest

Come join COTA on Saturday, October 10th for our annual Biketoberfest trail work party!

Meet at 9am Colorado and Simpson
    Work until 2pm at Wanoga Trail area
    BBQ until 6pm at Wanoga parking lot

We'll meet at the Park and Ride (Colorado and Simpson) by 9am to divide into work groups. Remember to bring water, safety glasses, gloves, sturdy shoes, sunscreen and all your friends.

Food and beverages will be provided for all volunteers at the BBQ.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Whoops will be part of the Biketoberfest work party if we get the moisture we need. Otherwise, a smaller work party will be scheduled for later in the month. Show up for Biketoberfest, and we will know when the whoops work party will be then.