mtbr member

Who wants to show a dez guy how to ride mud?

hey guys and gals!

I am going to be spending some time with my SS in Oregon in August.

8-14/17 will be in Medford at some lodge in the sticks! Not sure of the name, but am told lots of trail righ there- so I may be looking for advice or just someone to ride with.

8-18/23 will be in Eugene for the fair and looking for rides that are pretty easily accessible from the fairgrounds where I can get up at 6am and be done riding and back at the grounds by noon or so.

here is my stats of sorts to see if I am worthy of riding with you!
    -29r SS
    -Pretty out of shape but like to suffer.
    -Pretty skilled
    -buys lunch

I can be reached easiest at my email cstem@cox.net at which times we can swap numbers and that.

I can offer free admission to the Freestyle MX shows at the fair in exchange for some help and probably some schwag too. Hit me up and I cannot wait to sample everything Oregon has to offer!
    Find a ride on FB> AZ MTB

"Uppercase with a space"

Formerly of Kent
    Quote Originally Posted by cstem
    hey guys and gals!

8-14/17 will be in Medford at some lodge in the sticks! Not sure of the name, but am told lots of trail righ there- so I may be looking for advice or just someone to ride with.

8-18/23 will be in Eugene for the fair and looking for rides that are pretty easily accessible from the fairgrounds where I can get up at 6am and be done riding and back at the grounds by noon or so.

-29r SS
    -Pretty skilled
    -buys lunch

I can be reached easiest at my email cstem@cox.net at which times we can swap numbers and that.

I can offer free admission to the Freestyle MX shows at the fair in exchange for some help and probably some schwag too. Hit me up and I cannot wait to sample everything Oregon has to offer!
    Just an FYI...

Most of Oregon is bone dry at this time of year. The high desert (Bend) hasn't had rain for a few weeks, the Columbia Gorge (Hood River) hasn't had rain in a month+, and I'd imagine most of the areas east of the Cascades are in similar shape.

Even some of the areas west of the mountains are pretty dry. So, if it's mud you seek, this is the wrong time of year for that. Dust? That's another story.

mtbr member
    Well thats good- means I can leave my tires on!
    Find a ride on FB> AZ MTB

"Uppercase with a space"

Making fat cool since '71
    Bad news for the type of rides you requested out by Fernridge/Veneta: there isn't anything worth a poop that's close. The goods are over on the coast (45 minutes each way) or Oakridge (80 minutes from the grounds area) or our "secret stash" near Lorane (60 minutes each way).

Brock...
    Are the wheels roundish? Ride it.

Disciples Of Dirt, come ride with us.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaKlyde
    Bad news for the type of rides you requested out by Fernridge/Veneta: there isn't anything worth a poop that's close. The goods are over on the coast (45 minutes each way) or Oakridge (80 minutes from the grounds area) or our "secret stash" near Lorane (60 minutes each way).
    I think cstem might be talking about the Lane County Fair in August at the Events Center in downtown Eugene (and not the Country Fair in Veneta next weekend).

In which case, you could easily ride Goodman Creek/Eagles Rest in a morning (half an hour drive on the way to Oakridge), or part of the Alpine Trail or Larison Rock out of Oakridge (a 45 minute drive). And possibly even King Castle or part of the lower McKenzie River Trail (one hour of driving) if you got a really early start...
    "It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that they are difficult."

Making fat cool since '71
    Aaahhh! Good catch! I hear "fair" out here and my eyes roll...etc. I never even think about the County Fair. My bad.

Kook is right, all of the goods out at the Goodman/Hardesty parking area are in reach and so is Oaktucky if you don't go too big on ride plans. The "Stash" (WhyPass) is realistic, etc. I'm thinking there would be a few locals willing to show a desert cat a good time when you are here if you like.

Brock...
    Are the wheels roundish? Ride it.

Disciples Of Dirt, come ride with us.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by cstem
    hey guys and gals!

-29r SS
    -Pretty skilled
    -buys lunch

I would in Eugene but that is MBO weekend. Will be in Oakridge guiding all weekend.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Live 2 Ride
    Falls City is worth a ride.
    My Bike: '96 Gary Fisher Aquila
    My Blog: http://http://kona0197.wordpress.com/