Results 1 to 50 of 50
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    59

    Who RUINED Horseridge!!!!!

    Who was the MUPPET that decided to take trail building into their own hands and completely ruin the Sand Canyon portion of the trial!

    I will try and detail this as best as possible. So leaving the fence (to go down) you go down a bit, than a little pedally section, a bit more down, and than a bit of pedally rocks on generally flat ground, probably a hundred yards or more from the newer re-rout as you enter the canyon is where I am talking about. If you have ridden this enough, you should have an exact idea of where I am talking about.

    WHO SMOOTHED IT OUT!!!! it is now 4 feet wide and smooth as Phils Trails. This is absolute nonsense. If you cannot ride it because of the minute technical difficulty it had before, you know, those hard objects that were around the trail, then please ride somewhere else. Don't just grab your spade with a hair in your ass and change it. But wait, let me guess... 29'er?!?! Please punch yourself in the face multiple times , and stay the fack away form sand canyon ya' clown, better yet, the parking lot has some holes you should fill. You can at least make your self and your spade useful.

    Why do we need easy trails, do you suck that bad that you can't even challenge yourself anymore!? Maybe you need a road bike, I hear its pretty smooth going, and your wheels will still be big enough....

    I will be going out soon and attempting to put the trail back to its original state.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    50
    oh snap! big wheelers out ruining for all

  3. #3
    meatier showers
    Reputation: Sparticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Posts
    7,335
    Had ta be a 29er
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: OldHouseMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,491
    I was with you till the 29er garbage.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

  5. #5
    My Ass is My Pilot
    Reputation: ashpioletrev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    206
    Sorry Ashbag but I think that was Phil that "Smoothed out" that corner. I think it adds a little extra to the canyon. Not that it needed it but it was not that bad. And please don't Fack with 29'ers. My ridged 29'er can handle anything you can throw at it and more.
    B.O.S/S Shampoo Now with More No More Gears! 34/18
    Ride With B.O.S/S

  6. #6
    My Ass is My Pilot
    Reputation: ashpioletrev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    206
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    Had ta be a 29er
    Bite your Tongue there Sparty...or we will pull your plug and not allow you to ride over here anymore
    B.O.S/S Shampoo Now with More No More Gears! 34/18
    Ride With B.O.S/S

  7. #7
    Making fat cool since '71
    Reputation: ImaKlyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,840
    Quote Originally Posted by ashpioletrev
    Sorry Ashbag but I think that was Phil that "Smoothed out" that corner. I think it adds a little extra to the canyon. Not that it needed it but it was not that bad. And please don't Fack with 29'ers. My ridged 29'er can handle anything you can throw at it and more.
    When are you going to BlackRock with us?

    Brock...
    Are the wheels roundish? Ride it.

    Disciples Of Dirt, come ride with us.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    59
    Okay, ignore the 29er comment. The only riders I have heard complain about horsridge and the rocks, are 29ers. So I do have a backing there.

    I'm also not talking about the re-routed corner, I like that new bit. It's the stuff before. Looks pretty new. I just don't undestand who decides to jack with stuff. Phil can stay at his own trails. If anything, make use of the land and build some more trails. There is so much terrain that could be used to make some difficult trails. But I guess that would involve rocks and stuff.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by ashpioletrev
    Sorry Ashbag but I think that was Phil that "Smoothed out" that corner. I think it adds a little extra to the canyon. Not that it needed it but it was not that bad. And please don't Fack with 29'ers. My ridged 29'er can handle anything you can throw at it and more.
    SOO Phil is a 29ner????????? and can ride anything but still needs to smooth out a perfectly good trail. We don't need another Phils trail we have one already - we need some more technical stuff and don't need to mess with the existing stuff!!!!!

  10. #10
    My Ass is My Pilot
    Reputation: ashpioletrev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    206
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaKlyde
    When are you going to BlackRock with us?

    Brock...
    All you have to ask...I can come over mid week next?
    B.O.S/S Shampoo Now with More No More Gears! 34/18
    Ride With B.O.S/S

  11. #11
    Making fat cool since '71
    Reputation: ImaKlyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,840
    My kid will be fine in my backpack, right?

    Brock...
    Are the wheels roundish? Ride it.

    Disciples Of Dirt, come ride with us.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jollybeggar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,354
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaKlyde
    My kid will be fine in my backpack, right?

    Brock...
    Just make sure her helmet is secure, do they make shin guards that small?
    Also when you crash try not to land on your back, other than that she should be good.
    Happy Trails
    Jolly

  13. #13
    meatier showers
    Reputation: Sparticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Posts
    7,335
    But can she shred?

    Quote Originally Posted by ImaKlyde
    My kid will be fine in my backpack, right?

    Brock...
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

  14. #14
    The Brutally Handsome
    Reputation: Sizzler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokie496
    WHO SMOOTHED IT OUT!!!!
    . . .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who RUINED Horseridge!!!!!-bf.jpg  


  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jollybeggar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,354
    I've seen that guy out there, I think he was on Yeti.
    Happy Trails
    Jolly

  16. #16
    Afric Pepperbird
    Reputation: dirt farmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,712
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokie496
    Who was the MUPPET that decided to take trail building into their own hands...

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    59
    dang you Earnie!!

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: granitematt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    77
    Went to Horse Ridge on sunday and saw what all the talk is about. I will begin with thanks to those that put in their time and effort...However, I feel that the work that was done should NOT HAVE INCLUDED THE REMOVAL OF ROCKS. To me, mountain biking is an activity where you sometimes just have to let it roll and ride what is laid down under the wheels. Horse Ridge has rocks and it should always have rocks, it is that simple. We here in Bend are lucky to have a number of devoted trail stewards and an amazing set of trails, but what we have in miles we lack in technical difficulties. There are few trails around that present a reasonable technical difficulty and the ones that we have [in my humble opinion] should remain as they are.

    As the trail steward for track out of Swampy I care about the responsible maintenance and expansion of our trails and feel that we need to come to an understanding about matters such as Horse Ridge. I would like to have a discussion with those that preformed the work, to gain insight on their goals, objectives and future plans.

    These are just my opinions and there are no more valid than yours.

    Matt.

  19. #19
    Singletrack Addict
    Reputation: Snake Muesl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,153
    Sasquatch crushes Ernie, trail returns to natural state, mountain bikers rejoice.

  20. #20
    highly visible
    Reputation: GlowBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,185
    Hey, the reason we all bought 29"ers is precisely because they are better in the rocks. Why would we 29"er riders want to take the rocks out? We love the rocks! They're more fun than on your diameter-challenged bikes.

    And back on topic, I loved the rocks on Horse Ridge and am not happy about their removal either.
    "People like GloyBoy are deaf. They are partisan, intellectually lazy & usually very angry." -Jaybo

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jollybeggar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,354
    Rocks ROCK!
    Happy Trails
    Jolly

  22. #22
    The Other F Word
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    577
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Muesl
    Sasquatch crushes Ernie, trail returns to natural state, mountain bikers rejoice.
    Sounds like a new version of roshambo.

    gabrielle
    Quote Originally Posted by Impy
    just plain unfriendly and maladjusted.
    "Yes, honey: I do love this bike more than I love you."

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BIGfatED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    924
    Just rode @ Horse Ridge today, and let me assure you there are still plenty of rocks to pick through on the singletrack. The section the OP is speaking of is roughly a 1/2 mile in length, and was "smoothed out" in order to add some drainage and prevent further degradation of this downhill portion of the trail.

    For all you riders b!tching about how smooth Horse Ridge is now......Get off your 3-6" travel La-Z-boy, FS, all mountain, throw-my-bike-down-the-side-of-this-hill huck machine and get into something simple. Go single speed and rigid, hit up a loop at Horse Ridge, then come talk to the board about how "smooth" the trail system is out east. Make sure you take your foot out of your mouth before posting so we can understand you.

    BFE

  24. #24
    Making fat cool since '71
    Reputation: ImaKlyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,840
    Damn BFE, am I glad my RFX has 6.3" of travel so I can wag my arse at you on that one.

    Brock...
    Are the wheels roundish? Ride it.

    Disciples Of Dirt, come ride with us.

  25. #25
    Keep Singletrack Single
    Reputation: willem3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,147
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGfatED
    Just rode @ Horse Ridge today, and let me assure you there are still plenty of rocks to pick through on the singletrack. The section the OP is speaking of is roughly a 1/2 mile in length, and was "smoothed out" in order to add some drainage and prevent further degradation of this downhill portion of the trail.

    For all you riders b!tching about how smooth Horse Ridge is now......Get off your 3-6" travel La-Z-boy, FS, all mountain, throw-my-bike-down-the-side-of-this-hill huck machine and get into something simple. Go single speed and rigid, hit up a loop at Horse Ridge, then come talk to the board about how "smooth" the trail system is out east. Make sure you take your foot out of your mouth before posting so we can understand you.

    BFE
    AMEN!!!
    Support Bend Trails
    http://bendtrails.org
    Phil's Trail Facebook Page
    https://www.facebook.com/PhilsTrail

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DJ Giggity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,224
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGfatE-Douche
    Just rode @ Horse Ridge today, and let me assure you there are still plenty of rocks to pick through on the singletrack. The section the OP is speaking of is roughly a 1/2 mile in length, and was "smoothed out" in order to add some drainage and prevent further degradation of this downhill portion of the trail.

    For all you riders b!tching about how smooth Horse Ridge is now......Get off your 3-6" travel La-Z-boy, FS, all mountain, throw-my-bike-down-the-side-of-this-hill huck machine and get into something simple. Go single speed and rigid, hit up a loop at Horse Ridge, then come talk to the board about how "smooth" the trail system is out east. Make sure you take your foot out of your mouth before posting so we can understand you.

    BFE
    Fixed it for you.
    Only two infinite things exist: the universe and stupidity. And, I am unsure of the universe
    - Albert Einstein

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BIGfatED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    924
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Hairy Palms
    Fixed it for you.
    Go play with yourself Giggity-Giggity. BTW, your music selection sucks. Why don't you find a techy line back to the freeride forum, I hear them calling. Better yet, slay trail at Forest Park, then come back and tell us how rad it was.
    Last edited by BIGfatED; 02-24-2010 at 09:45 AM.

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BIGfatED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    924

    Pokin' @ chya, pokin' @ chya

    Quote Originally Posted by ImaKlyde
    Damn BFE, am I glad my RFX has 6.3" of travel so I can wag my arse at you on that one.

    Brock...
    Huck away big guy, but don't come crying to me when you get to the bottom to fast and have to push your La-Z-boy back up that climb in order to do it again.

    BFE

  29. #29
    meatier showers
    Reputation: Sparticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Posts
    7,335
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGfatED
    Huck away big guy, but don't come crying to me when you get to the bottom to fast and have to push your La-Z-boy back up that climb in order to do it again.

    BFE
    No need for Brock to push back up, BFE. He's only good for one run. By the time he gets to the bottom, something's always broken... either the bike, a bone or both.

    --Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

  30. #30
    Making fat cool since '71
    Reputation: ImaKlyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,840
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGfatED
    Huck away big guy, but don't come crying to me when you get to the bottom to fast and have to push your La-Z-boy back up that climb in order to do it again.

    BFE
    You've seen me climb to the top, red-faced and all. At least I don't run a Rohloff, that would just be silly!

    Brock...
    Are the wheels roundish? Ride it.

    Disciples Of Dirt, come ride with us.

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation: seth-gehman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    33
    horse ridge rocks- and last time i checked (yesterday) they havent removed them all- it seems to me that mtbr is more about *****ing than praising- once again someones opinion about what a trail should look like is expressed with anger- if you care so much there is a COTA meeting tomorrow night @ 7pm @ the environmental center- why dont you quit *****ing on the internet and come and get involved- maybe you can lend a hand a make trails the way you see fit-
    Holy Cow----Why remove obstacles--when they can be ridden....

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    59
    BIGfatED: Keep it simple and go single speed and rigid huh? Right. I know its weird to think that going quickly through a good techy rock section quick is fun, but when you start going as fast as i do on your rigid, then maybe I will keep it simple. If horse ridge is too rocky for you, than maybe you need to get with the times and learn how much faster and fun new bike technology is. Don't blame drainage on your lack of riding ability pal.

    GlowBoy: Now I really want to apologize for my 29er comment, should have been aimed at the dummy with his fixy. I will make sure I keep my eye out for the slow guy on the rigid so he can show me the wonders of the old school.

    seth-gehman: I understand its hard to please everyone, the trail should have just been left alone. There are plenty of rock free trails in Bend. Why jack up one of the only challenging trails we have? But here let me give you an opinion with happyness.--Horsridge is one of the best trails around. Fun climb up, and super fun and fast down. Which is something we just don;t have around here. So I am super stoked that someone got rid of the rocks to smooth out a trail that one could progress their downhill skills on. So dang happy about that. Soon all of the trails will be smooth and easy and no one will get better. SAAAWWWWEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!

    And remember, only real men ride rigid!!! YEAH

  33. #33
    Nat
    Nat is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Nat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    11,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokie496
    BIGfatED: Keep it simple and go single speed and rigid huh? Right. I know its weird to think that going quickly through a good techy rock section quick is fun, but when you start going as fast as i do on your rigid, then maybe I will keep it simple. If horse ridge is too rocky for you, than maybe you need to get with the times and learn how much faster and fun new bike technology is. Don't blame drainage on your lack of riding ability pal.

    GlowBoy: Now I really want to apologize for my 29er comment, should have been aimed at the dummy with his fixy. I will make sure I keep my eye out for the slow guy on the rigid so he can show me the wonders of the old school.

    seth-gehman: I understand its hard to please everyone, the trail should have just been left alone. There are plenty of rock free trails in Bend. Why jack up one of the only challenging trails we have? But here let me give you an opinion with happyness.--Horsridge is one of the best trails around. Fun climb up, and super fun and fast down. Which is something we just don;t have around here. So I am super stoked that someone got rid of the rocks to smooth out a trail that one could progress their downhill skills on. So dang happy about that. Soon all of the trails will be smooth and easy and no one will get better. SAAAWWWWEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!

    And remember, only real men ride rigid!!! YEAH
    So now you're hating on people who ride rigids and fixies in addition to hating 29ers, Phil, and BIGfatED? Man...

    You'd get more support if you didn't try to alienate everyone.

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat
    So now you're hating on people who ride rigids and fixies in addition to hating 29ers, Phil, and BIGfatED? Man...

    You'd get more support if you didn't try to alienate everyone.

    No, I'm hating on the thought of using what you ride as an excuse. Ride what you will, but why change a perfectly good trail just because YOU decide it will suit your bike better. That's where I was going with that. Every bike has it's advantages and disadvantages, it's a great part of cycling. But make every trail suited for rigids or anything else. It's going to get boring.

    This whole thing got way off topic. I just don't understand who decides to take it upon themselves to ruin a trail. If it was COTA then that answers the who, but I know plenty of riders with them who would not want to ruin the technicality of the trail.

  35. #35
    meatier showers
    Reputation: Sparticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Posts
    7,335
    Smokie, Nat nailed it. Your style doesn't exactly invite anybody into your camp.

    --Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

  36. #36
    Nat
    Nat is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Nat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    11,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokie496
    No, I'm hating on the thought of using what you ride as an excuse. Ride what you will, but why change a perfectly good trail just because YOU decide it will suit your bike better. That's where I was going with that. Every bike has it's advantages and disadvantages, it's a great part of cycling. But make every trail suited for rigids or anything else. It's going to get boring.

    This whole thing got way off topic. I just don't understand who decides to take it upon themselves to ruin a trail. If it was COTA then that answers the who, but I know plenty of riders with them who would not want to ruin the technicality of the trail.
    You know, I think that everyone on this thread would actually agree with you, but when you lash out randomly at people who may or may not be at fault then it makes you look a bit prejudiced. Having used this forum an awfully long time, I can say that in the past people here in general agree with your sentiments. You were upset and wanted to vent, and that's cool, but chances are the trail sanitation was the work of only a few people who weren't representative of any group as a whole.

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation: seth-gehman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    33
    last time i checked sandy canyon isnt a technical trail anyway- but then again ive ridden my bike in more places than bend- and can appreciate these trails for what they are- and i wasnt saying that cota was responsible for the removal of rocks- im just saying anyone with such high and mighty opinions of riders and trails should come and voice it to the people who make decisions- these forums dont change anything in central oregon trail systems- the people who come out to meetings and adopt trails and go to work parties do- internet haters- why is the mountain bike community so full of them- the tribe disbanded when we fulfilled our egos on the trail- just go ride and be thankful you live in a place where riding mountain bikes isnt illegal- the trail progression is continuous- and you get the pleasure of riding mountain bike specific trails year round- it could be a lot worse- a few rocks- a 20-30 yard stretch and it ruined horse ridge- come on- you sound like a spoiled child- ranting at everyone from the choices in bikes they ride- to their vision of trail construction- why dont you get involved and get ot work on trails if you got so much to say about how they should flow and look-
    Holy Cow----Why remove obstacles--when they can be ridden....

  38. #38
    VP/ Terrain Designer
    Reputation: NastyNick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    631
    I 100% agree with what Seth has said! You all sound like children, grow up and go ride!
    Braun Enterprises LLC, Building Cool Stuff

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    Smokie, Nat nailed it. Your style doesn't exactly invite anybody into your camp.

    --Sparty
    I know. I agree with him on that one. But I have to hold my ground now...

  40. #40
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokie496
    I know. I agree with him on that one. But I have to hold my ground now...
    No you don't. Just apologize and get on with getting involved with the real issues in a helpful manner.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DJ Giggity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,224
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    No you don't. Just apologize and get on with getting involved with the real issues in a helpful manner.
    Stand your ground, Smokie!

    Delivery aside, I thought this argument had been settled. Are people arguing against Smokie or are there really that many people that feel trails should be sanitized to suit their riding styles?
    Only two infinite things exist: the universe and stupidity. And, I am unsure of the universe
    - Albert Einstein

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation: inkpad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,549
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGfatED
    Just rode @ Horse Ridge today, and let me assure you there are still plenty of rocks to pick through on the singletrack. The section the OP is speaking of is roughly a 1/2 mile in length, and was "smoothed out" in order to add some drainage and prevent further degradation of this downhill portion of the trail.

    For all you riders b!tching about how smooth Horse Ridge is now......Get off your 3-6" travel La-Z-boy, FS, all mountain, throw-my-bike-down-the-side-of-this-hill huck machine and get into something simple. Go single speed and rigid, hit up a loop at Horse Ridge, then come talk to the board about how "smooth" the trail system is out east. Make sure you take your foot out of your mouth before posting so we can understand you.

    BFE

    Hmm, guess I should remove the suspension off my truck, remove 2nd thru 5th gear as well?? Cause as it sits, it just rides so well, goes so fast & is sooo much fun to drive, kinda like my 5.5" travel bike

  43. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation: inkpad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,549
    Smokie, just move, get away from those damn, boring trails, shiet, we don't even have smooth trails here, so you can ***** about all the damn technical sections for once

  44. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BIGfatED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    924
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Giggity
    Stand your ground, Smokie!

    Delivery aside, I thought this argument had been settled. Are people arguing against Smokie or are there really that many people that feel trails should be sanitized to suit their riding styles?
    Bottom line: we in central Oregon are all riding the same 9ish miles of singletrack right now, horse ridge. In three months no one will be riding at horse ridge because it will have turned into a sandbox. The fact of the matter is it is not what your ride, but rather how you ride. If you get to the bottom of the hill fast and feel your quick decent is a result of the trail being "sanitized", then maybe you should try the same trail on a different style of bike and see how that suits your fancy. Being that we have such a small amount of trail to ride right now the trails we do have to ride won't fit the bill for everyones riding style.

    By no means am I implying that everyone should stop riding double-boingers and ride rigid bikes, that's just silly. I love me some monster truck style mountain biking, but I have also found that different bikes on the same trail make that same trail challenging in different ways. Mountain biking is about testing ones abilities. If your abilities become so good on one type of bike, that the trail becomes boring, then try the same trail on a different form of bike. Spice it up a bit, live a little and give yourself the excuse to buy a different bike. See where I'm going with this? More bikes, more fun.......and less b!tching.

    I'm off my soap box, and over this topic. Move along now, nothing to see here.

    BFE

  45. #45
    Singletrack Addict
    Reputation: Snake Muesl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,153
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGfatED
    Bottom line: we in central Oregon are all riding the same 9ish miles of singletrack right now, horse ridge. In three months no one will be riding at horse ridge because it will have turned into a sandbox. The fact of the matter is it is not what your ride, but rather how you ride. If you get to the bottom of the hill fast and feel your quick decent is a result of the trail being "sanitized", then maybe you should try the same trail on a different style of bike and see how that suits your fancy. Being that we have such a small amount of trail to ride right now the trails we do have to ride won't fit the bill for everyones riding style.

    By no means am I implying that everyone should stop riding double-boingers and ride rigid bikes, that's just silly. I love me some monster truck style mountain biking, but I have also found that different bikes on the same trail make that same trail challenging in different ways. Mountain biking is about testing ones abilities. If your abilities become so good on one type of bike, that the trail becomes boring, then try the same trail on a different form of bike. Spice it up a bit, live a little and give yourself the excuse to buy a different bike. See where I'm going with this? More bikes, more fun.......and less b!tching.

    I'm off my soap box, and over this topic. Move along now, nothing to see here.

    BFE

    Group Hug!

  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation: inkpad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,549
    Quote Originally Posted by NastyNick
    I 100% agree with what Seth has said! You all sound like children, grow up and go ride!
    Says the guy who started the rant fest about Cline

  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by inkpad
    Says the guy who started the rant fest about Cline
    WORD!!


    BIGfatED: Well put, I like it. And that is the main issue with me I guess, we are on one spot instead of 10, so when a little section gets cleaned, it kinda sucks.

    inkpad: I wish man, its the same ol' issue. job...

    Seth: I have, multiple times. I wasn't aware that horseridge was going to get worked on. Could be worse, but when the 30-40 yard stretch is a huge chunk of the small bit of techy that is on the trail, it kills it. By all means, I like the trail now, but it is uber fast. Which I personally enjoy a lot, but in a sense the rocks slowed people down, now it is already getting breaking bumps and blown out corners. Doesn't that cause more damage?

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DJ Giggity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,224
    Yep, I have trouble finding anything wrong with BFE's most recent comments. I agree with them in fact.

    I am just sorry that we had our kumbayah moment before I could post this.



    Muppet. He he.
    Only two infinite things exist: the universe and stupidity. And, I am unsure of the universe
    - Albert Einstein

  49. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    94

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jollybeggar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,354
    Those are BAD dudes!
    Happy Trails
    Jolly

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •