Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Who RUINED Horseridge!!!!!

Who was the MUPPET that decided to take trail building into their own hands and completely ruin the Sand Canyon portion of the trial!

I will try and detail this as best as possible. So leaving the fence (to go down) you go down a bit, than a little pedally section, a bit more down, and than a bit of pedally rocks on generally flat ground, probably a hundred yards or more from the newer re-rout as you enter the canyon is where I am talking about. If you have ridden this enough, you should have an exact idea of where I am talking about.

WHO SMOOTHED IT OUT!!!! it is now 4 feet wide and smooth as Phils Trails. This is absolute nonsense. If you cannot ride it because of the minute technical difficulty it had before, you know, those hard objects that were around the trail, then please ride somewhere else. Don't just grab your spade with a hair in your ass and change it. But wait, let me guess... 29'er?!?! Please punch yourself in the face multiple times , and stay the fack away form sand canyon ya' clown, better yet, the parking lot has some holes you should fill. You can at least make your self and your spade useful.

Why do we need easy trails, do you suck that bad that you can't even challenge yourself anymore!? Maybe you need a road bike, I hear its pretty smooth going, and your wheels will still be big enough....

I will be going out soon and attempting to put the trail back to its original state.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    oh snap! big wheelers out ruining for all

meatier showers
    Had ta be a 29er
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

mtbr member
    I was with you till the 29er garbage.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

My Ass is My Pilot
    Sorry Ashbag but I think that was Phil that "Smoothed out" that corner. I think it adds a little extra to the canyon. Not that it needed it but it was not that bad. And please don't Fack with 29'ers. My ridged 29'er can handle anything you can throw at it and more.
    B.O.S/S Shampoo Now with More No More Gears! 34/18
    Ride With B.O.S/S

My Ass is My Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    Had ta be a 29er
    Bite your Tongue there Sparty...or we will pull your plug and not allow you to ride over here anymore
    Ride With B.O.S/S

Making fat cool since '71
    Quote Originally Posted by ashpioletrev
    Sorry Ashbag but I think that was Phil that "Smoothed out" that corner. I think it adds a little extra to the canyon. Not that it needed it but it was not that bad. And please don't Fack with 29'ers. My ridged 29'er can handle anything you can throw at it and more.
    When are you going to BlackRock with us?

Brock...
    Are the wheels roundish? Ride it.

Disciples Of Dirt, come ride with us.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Okay, ignore the 29er comment. The only riders I have heard complain about horsridge and the rocks, are 29ers. So I do have a backing there.

I'm also not talking about the re-routed corner, I like that new bit. It's the stuff before. Looks pretty new. I just don't undestand who decides to jack with stuff. Phil can stay at his own trails. If anything, make use of the land and build some more trails. There is so much terrain that could be used to make some difficult trails. But I guess that would involve rocks and stuff.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ashpioletrev
    SOO Phil is a 29ner????????? and can ride anything but still needs to smooth out a perfectly good trail. We don't need another Phils trail we have one already - we need some more technical stuff and don't need to mess with the existing stuff!!!!!

My Ass is My Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaKlyde
    When are you going to BlackRock with us?

Brock...
    All you have to ask...I can come over mid week next?
    Ride With B.O.S/S

My kid will be fine in my backpack, right?

Brock...

mtbr member

Brock...
    Just make sure her helmet is secure, do they make shin guards that small?
    Also when you crash try not to land on your back, other than that she should be good.
    Happy Trails
    Jolly

meatier showers
    But can she shred?

Brock...
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

The Brutally Handsome
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokie496
    WHO SMOOTHED IT OUT!!!!
    . . .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who RUINED Horseridge!!!!!-bf.jpg  

mtbr member
    I've seen that guy out there, I think he was on Yeti.
    Happy Trails
    Jolly

Afric Pepperbird
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokie496
    Who was the MUPPET that decided to take trail building into their own hands...

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    dang you Earnie!!

mtbr member
    Went to Horse Ridge on sunday and saw what all the talk is about. I will begin with thanks to those that put in their time and effort...However, I feel that the work that was done should NOT HAVE INCLUDED THE REMOVAL OF ROCKS. To me, mountain biking is an activity where you sometimes just have to let it roll and ride what is laid down under the wheels. Horse Ridge has rocks and it should always have rocks, it is that simple. We here in Bend are lucky to have a number of devoted trail stewards and an amazing set of trails, but what we have in miles we lack in technical difficulties. There are few trails around that present a reasonable technical difficulty and the ones that we have [in my humble opinion] should remain as they are.

As the trail steward for track out of Swampy I care about the responsible maintenance and expansion of our trails and feel that we need to come to an understanding about matters such as Horse Ridge. I would like to have a discussion with those that preformed the work, to gain insight on their goals, objectives and future plans.

These are just my opinions and there are no more valid than yours.

Matt.

Singletrack Addict
    Sasquatch crushes Ernie, trail returns to natural state, mountain bikers rejoice.

highly visible
    Hey, the reason we all bought 29"ers is precisely because they are better in the rocks. Why would we 29"er riders want to take the rocks out? We love the rocks! They're more fun than on your diameter-challenged bikes.

And back on topic, I loved the rocks on Horse Ridge and am not happy about their removal either.
    "People like GloyBoy are deaf. They are partisan, intellectually lazy & usually very angry." -Jaybo

mtbr member
    Rocks ROCK!
    Happy Trails
    Jolly

the Dude memorial aviator
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Muesl
    Sasquatch crushes Ernie, trail returns to natural state, mountain bikers rejoice.
    Sounds like a new version of roshambo.

gabrielle
    Quote Originally Posted by Impy
    just plain unfriendly and maladjusted.
    "Yes, honey: I do love this bike more than I love you."

mtbr member
    Just rode @ Horse Ridge today, and let me assure you there are still plenty of rocks to pick through on the singletrack. The section the OP is speaking of is roughly a 1/2 mile in length, and was "smoothed out" in order to add some drainage and prevent further degradation of this downhill portion of the trail.

For all you riders b!tching about how smooth Horse Ridge is now......Get off your 3-6" travel La-Z-boy, FS, all mountain, throw-my-bike-down-the-side-of-this-hill huck machine and get into something simple. Go single speed and rigid, hit up a loop at Horse Ridge, then come talk to the board about how "smooth" the trail system is out east. Make sure you take your foot out of your mouth before posting so we can understand you.

BFE

Damn BFE, am I glad my RFX has 6.3" of travel so I can wag my arse at you on that one.

Brock...

Keep Singletrack Single
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGfatED
    Just rode @ Horse Ridge today, and let me assure you there are still plenty of rocks to pick through on the singletrack. The section the OP is speaking of is roughly a 1/2 mile in length, and was "smoothed out" in order to add some drainage and prevent further degradation of this downhill portion of the trail.

For all you riders b!tching about how smooth Horse Ridge is now......Get off your 3-6" travel La-Z-boy, FS, all mountain, throw-my-bike-down-the-side-of-this-hill huck machine and get into something simple. Go single speed and rigid, hit up a loop at Horse Ridge, then come talk to the board about how "smooth" the trail system is out east. Make sure you take your foot out of your mouth before posting so we can understand you.

BFE
    AMEN!!!
    Phil's Trail Steward for COTA
    http://www.cotamtb.com
    Phil's Trail Facebook Page
    https://www.facebook.com/PhilsTrail

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast