mtbr member

Where to ride near Portland

I'm visiting this week from LA and wanted to see about renting an MTB bike and doing a ride near Portland either later today or early Tuesday. I don't really have a lot of time, so I was wondering if there are any shuttle services that can take you to any local trails, perhaps around the Mt Hood Natl Forest (perhaps not so local???). I will also need to rent a bike, so any suggestions would be appreciated. Not looking for any extreme DH stuff, but more looking to experience what Oregon has to offer near Portland/Gladstone/Willamette Falls.
    A local riding buddy would be nice. I can definitely return the favor down in LA.
    Thanks,
    Vic

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008
    I would probably ride Sandy Ridge Trail System to get a good feel for Oregon riding. It is about 50 minutes from Gladstone as you can cut through on HWY 212 through Sandy, Oregon to Sandy Ridge. It is about a 35 minutes up a cement road to the top and then down some trail/all mountain trails to the bottom. This are is very well developed system with lots of love from a lot of riders.

I don't ride there a ton but could meet you up there. It pretty near impossible to get lost because all trails head downhill to the parking lot.

mtbr member
    Jaybo, thanks for the reply. I would definitely like to look into this. Any suggestions for bike rentals. Thanks again!

scn
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    The Fat Tire Farm on NW Thurman has a great selection of rentals
    http://www.fattirefarm.com/

have fun!

mtbr member
    Thanks scn, I've looked them up. Jaybo, you've got mail. Hit me up if you can ride tomorrow morning. I'm going to pick up a bike tonight and head out to Sandy Ridge no later than 7am from Gladstone. I'd rather not do a solo ride, so hope you or anyone else can join and show me around.
    Thanks!
    Victor