Thread: where to ride ?

mtbr member
    Feb 2010

New question here. where to ride ?

so heres the deal. i am a newb to the fr/dh scene and i am not sure of many places to ride.i live in central point oregon and was wondering if i could get some info on good rideing spots.Directions ,maps,or whatever would be awsome or better yet someone to ride with and show me around a little would be great.btw i would like to keep it about a 50 mile radious from cp.thanx
    kona stinky dee-lux

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I'm in the same boat as you. Picking up a new (to me) big-travel bike tomorrow and will be looking for some more gravity-oriented riding. I haven't ridden them yet, but places to look into, that i'm aware of are:
    Black Rock (google black rock falls city oregon)
    Post Canyon - near Hood River
    Willamette Pass - lift access
    SkiBowl - lift access

I'm sure there are others, but those are the ones i've heard of. There's also a downhill trail or two near Cline Butte, between Redmond and Sisters, but I don't know if it'd be worth traveling to, i think it's just the best thing for locals without them having to travel. If that makes sense.

mtbr member
    You have Ashland Just south of you, which offers some good DH, and I am sure there is some stuff around grants pass too. Oh then there is Jacksonville which looks pretty sweet. I'm not from down there but as far as I know your living in a good spot for biking in Oregon.
    There is a work day every sunday at jacksonville, it would be your best bet at meeting some other bikers and to find out where all the good rides are. here is the link.
    Last edited by willymcd; 03-06-2010 at 11:02 AM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Oops, i missed the part about being within 50 miles of central point. You can disregard the places i posted then.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by willymcd
    You have Ashland Just south of you, which offers some good DH, and I am sure there is some stuff around grants pass too. Oh then there is Jacksonville which looks pretty sweet. I'm not from down there but as far as I know your living in a good spot for biking in Oregon.
    There is a work day every sunday at jacksonville, it would be your best bet at meeting some other bikers and to find out where all the good rides are. here is the link.
    so yhanx for the info and about ashland i got to ride there last week i only got to ride alice in wonderland it was an awsome first ride and all but it was just not long enough.the whole thing about the work day is it always falls on my work days thanx i will still keep it in mind though
    kona stinky dee-lux

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    if you were only able to do alice in wonderland you seriously missed about 15 miles of awesomeness, and thats only the super d course. there are lots of trails in ashland once you are able to get to the top. Google the ashland spring thaw and go have a blast!

Www.rvmba.org
    Feb 2009
    Hook up with SOFA. We can show you around.

Dan
    go to the top of the ski lift look over the edge of the fire access road and dive in! all you have to do is head down hill and youll eventually end up in ashland. you cant miss it haha.