mtbr member
    Jun 2013

Where Exactly is "Middle GP" at Post Canyon?

Can someone explain where Middle GP is at Post?

Also, is Frankenstein repaired or is it gone?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by hookster View Post
    Can someone explain where Middle GP is at Post?

Also, is Frankenstein repaired or is it gone?

Thanks!
    Last time I went by Frankenstien (a week ago) it was still closed. I am betting all the features were wiped out in the ice storm, so if it comes back, it will take a long time.

Good question on Middle GP. Everything is poorly signed and constantly shifting. Some are named. Some are numbered. Some are named and numbered. Nothing is where it used to be.

Based on the latest map I have seen (the one prepared by Mayor Babitz), "GP" starts at Riordin Road, accessible from 8-track (turn right instead of heading to the Boot) or from Bad Motor Scooter. At the bottom of that section of GP, you can now take a left on a really nice new trail that ends at the beginning of Spaghetti Factory. Not sure if that new section is part of GP. So, that is the long way of saying I really have no idea. No idea what part is considered "Middle GP," even though I hear that referred to.

mtbr member
    I don't think there really is a "middle GP". GP runs from Bad Motor Scooter to Spaghetti Factory. There is a Junction half way down with a trail that leads to Toilet Bowl / Family Man. On Strava there are I think three sections for GP the one labeled "GP 2013 Full" goes from the end of Bad Motor Scooter to the start of Spaghetti Factory. The one labeled "2013 Lower GP" goes from the Halfway Junction to the Start of Spaghetti Factory and there is one labeled "GP" That goes from the end of Bad Motor Scooter and takes a right at the halfway junction and ends close to where the trail crosses the road on the way to Toilet Bowl. I suppose that little section from the halfway junction to Toilet Bowl might be considered Middle GP?

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    ^^^Best guess, yet, and if true, "Middle GP" as described is so short as to barely warrant a name. It's more like a quick connecting spur from the top of Toilet Bowl to the junction of upper and lower GP.
    The drive towards achievement and success is the motive power of civilization.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Whoa! What the hell are you guys talking about? Family spaghetti toilet motor? Yo, get back in your time machine & go back to the future...their on to you!

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7wL...e_gdata_player

Thanks everyone for the suggestions on this. In this video is the section I'm looking for.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by hookster View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7wL...e_gdata_player

Thanks everyone for the suggestions on this. In this video is the section I'm looking for.

Thanks!
    Sadly, that section is gone, but not forgotten!
    The drive towards achievement and success is the motive power of civilization.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    :-(

mtbr member
    That was lower GP.

Have FUN!

G MAN
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!