mtbr member

Where can I ride above this freezing cold fog?

The Valley has been freezing cold and foggy for the last week but it's 50 deg and sunny at the coast and in the mountains. Where can I ride that's above the fog (~2500ft) but not snowed in? Preferably within 1-2hrs of Albany/Corvallis.

Anyone been to Blackrock or Oakridge? Free of snow and fog?

Suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

meatier showers
    Quote Originally Posted by henryl View Post
    The Valley has been freezing cold and foggy for the last week but it's 50 deg and sunny at the coast and in the mountains. Where can I ride that's above the fog (~2500ft) but not snowed in? Preferably within 1-2hrs of Albany/Corvallis.

Anyone been to Blackrock or Oakridge? Free of snow and fog?

Suggestions appreciated. Thanks.
    Give the Willamette Mountain Mercantile in Oakridge a call, 541-782-1800 to find out what conditions are like there.

I live in Eugene and have been riding up thataway for almost 30 years. I can't count the number of times I've jumped into my car in socked-in Eugene, only to discover blue skies at Lookout Point Reservoir about 15 miles east. Oakridge lies another 20 miles beyond Lookout Point... and nearly always enjoys bright blue skies whenever the Valley suffers the kind of foggy inversion it's currently experiencing.

=S
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas