Not here to cause trouble

Where can I get a bike boxed up and shipped in Portland?

Hi Oregon, I was travelling through your beautiful state off to do some mountain biking when my boyfriend had a medical emergency in Portland. It was scary for a while but you guys have some top notch facilities up on that hill at OHSU and he is out of the hospital and we are going to be heading home soon. We had our bikes on top of the car but given our new situation, I'm going to have them shipped back.

Any suggestions on where I can go to get them boxed up and shipped for a reasonable price and without buying one of those hardcases? I would have them shipped to another shop in California.

Thanks so much for any help. We hope to get back here soon for some riding too... though maybe when it's not 107 degrees.

~Stacey

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I would take the bike to a bike shop and have them box it up. Then take it to a UPS store to mail. That's how I got my bike out to Portland from Charlotte, NC. I don't remember it being very expensive. I would imagine Bike Gallery or Fat Tire Farm would be able to do it.

Andy

mtbr member
    Just throwing out a good reputable shop.

Sellwood Cycles

Not sure if the will or can.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

endoguy
    I usually pick up a box for free from a LBS and use a ups store to ship it. I've had my best luck at performance for the box.