mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm Where TO bike? (near Portland)

Is anyone else in the Portland area riding? (besides on the road).

I've been staring at bike in my room, and am itching for a ride. Just don't know where is snow free, or rideable with the small amount of snow we have.

All the trails I know are covered in snow. Any suggestions, besides a spin class in front of a big screen. While my room-mate shakes the bike to simulate riding on the mountain?

I'm just looking for some good trails that are rideable.

Cheers!

cranK

Rants and raves are acceptable, but I don't want to see snow rigs. I can't afford one, and I am the jealous type.

I got nothin'

Their a few options

Offroad....

Hook up with a PUMP member and head out to Scappose. There is a great trail system out their to ride. Call John Joy at 503-seven 0 eight -five seven five two. He is always itch'n to ride and can show you around.

You could also ride Forest Park. No technical riding but you can get a good work out.

Also, check out the Harmonic Convergence in February in Longview. A great trail system but you need a guide the first few times to get around, just like Scappose.

Lastly, you can go out to Tillamook and ride the lower portions of the Wilson River trail.
    I ride at ludicrous speed

Metalheadbikerider

Couple options

Scappoose is pretty tough if it muddy, the steep climbs get unclimbable. The best options for good singletrack is Gorge Trail 400 and Wilson River Trail, both ridable all year round.
    Support mtb'ing in the Portland area, join NWTA with your dollars, hands, and/or voice. nw-trail.org

Obviously Single

Sat: Tilly?

Quote Originally Posted by offroadfanatic
    Is anyone else in the Portland area riding? (besides on the road).

I've been staring at bike in my room, and am itching for a ride. Just don't know where is snow free, or rideable with the small amount of snow we have.

All the trails I know are covered in snow. Any suggestions, besides a spin class in front of a big screen. While my room-mate shakes the bike to simulate riding on the mountain?

I'm just looking for some good trails that are rideable.
    I've been looking for somebody to ride with me out in Tilly Saturday, so I could show you the Western part of the Wilson River Trail.
    The Lee-Man

A witty saying proves nothing. -- Voltaire

Singletrack Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by offroadfanatic
    Is anyone else in the Portland area riding?
    Cheers!

cranK

Rants and raves are acceptable, but I don't want to see snow rigs. I can't afford one, and I am the jealous type.
    I'm riding right now!
    I' in my garage with the laptop at my fingertips doing dual duty craniking out some Frank Zappa.

O.K. so that's not really as much fun as ripping some singletrack. Or even a sunny-cold winter day on the road with frozen toes. But it beats sitting around staring at bikes (I can see my beautiful Enduro from this perch). With the door open I can also see the rather large rain drops splashing on the puddle that only forms after a good spell of wet. Of course these same rain drops fall as snow just to the west. Thinking about a return to the slopes . . .

mtbr member

Well, of course we're riding!

Heya! PUMPsters are getting together, albeit more last minute, every weekend and most days. These are just shouts-out on our Yahoo-List Serve, so not planned far enough forward to be "organized," thus not on our ride calendar.

Pop by PUMP, scroll down and look under "From Our Email List" for an example or to see the last 8 or so Yahoo posts. Come join us; you'll find we have a fun group of passionate riders.

If you're dying for some biker interaction next weekend, come out and join us work on some of the riding trails in Forest Park next Saturday
    [SIZE="3"]-> Feb 9th (Sat)
    9:00 am - 1:00 pm
    FL5 Maintenance & FL1 Trail Improvements[/SIZE]
    Check out our ride calendar for details.

Happy Riding!

- Shanti