Portland, OR

Whenever its sunny...why does it have to be so COLD !

so the tital says the Q. its freaking cold out there. it makeing me mad, because for once the trails are frozen or dry, and the road (parker) in west linn that takes me to my favourite trail, is closed. so this means a 5 mile different route...in freezing weather...all hills ...with a singlespeed dirt jump bike. yea, thats so much fun. also the lovely feeling of my fork locking up from the cold weather
    [SIZE="4"]Ibex bikes[/SIZE]

2007 Ibex Trophy SS
    2006 Jamis Komodo 3.0
    2006 Ibex Zone FR-1
    2004 Special-Ed P.2 A.1

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

Winter weather 101

Quote Originally Posted by todd_freeride
    so the tital says the Q. its freaking cold out there. it makeing me mad, because for once the trails are frozen or dry, and the road (parker) in west linn that takes me to my favourite trail, is closed. so this means a 5 mile different route...in freezing weather...all hills ...with a singlespeed dirt jump bike. yea, thats so much fun. also the lovely feeling of my fork locking up from the cold weather
    Clear skies typically mean we are under the influence of high pressure. This typically means high pressure is east of the Cascades with a lower pressure to the west. This turns on the wind machine as air rushes from high to low pressure through the Gorge and the mountain passes. Air from the interior is typically colder than the mild Pacific air. In the summer, we typically have high pressure in the Eastern Pacific and low pressure to the east. So, the weather dynamic is absolutely the opposite. My explanation is a bit simplistic but accurate. Oh, clear skies create radiation cooling....

Jaybo

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo
    Clear skies typically mean we are under the influence of high pressure. This typically means high pressure is east of the Cascades with a lower pressure to the west. This turns on the wind machine as air rushes from high to low pressure through the Gorge and the mountain passes. Air from the interior is typically colder than the mild Pacific air. In the summer, we typically have high pressure in the Eastern Pacific and low pressure to the east. So, the weather dynamic is absolutely the opposite. My explanation is a bit simplistic but accurate. Oh, clear skies create radiation cooling....

Jaybo
    Jay you are a regular Matt Zafino (news 8 meteorologist). A friend and I rode Three Corner from TH to creek and back and it was primo. No wind, not too cold, bone dry trails, no major blow down, and freaking fast trails. We didn't see a soul there and it is hard to believe it was the best riding I have done this year since last fall. If you want to ride next weekend let me know. Sounds like Syncline is still not looking so hot these days?

- Jon.

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

I'm a real geek

Quote Originally Posted by jgusta
    Jay you are a regular Matt Zafino (news 8 meteorologist). A friend and I rode Three Corner from TH to creek and back and it was primo. No wind, not too cold, bone dry trails, no major blow down, and freaking fast trails. We didn't see a soul there and it is hard to believe it was the best riding I have done this year since last fall. If you want to ride next weekend let me know. Sounds like Syncline is still not looking so hot these days?

- Jon.
    Lets do it next weekend. I'm a soft boy at this point.

Jaybo

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo
    Lets do it next weekend. I'm a soft boy at this point.

Jaybo
    Sweet, Saturdays are best for me, but may be able to swing a Sunday am ride as well. Give me a buzz or PM. What is Syncline looking like these days?

- Jon.

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

The freeze and thaw cycle sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jgusta
    Sweet, Saturdays are best for me, but may be able to swing a Sunday am ride as well. Give me a buzz or PM. What is Syncline looking like these days?

- Jon.
    Syncline might be a good time if the freeze/thaw cycle ends. Syncline is beat up pretty good. Another guy, Cosmo on here, said Hospital Hill is in good shape. Might check it out.

I'll call ya this week.

Jaybo

PS I would like to try 3 Corner's Rock too.
    Last edited by Jaybo; 02-20-2006 at 06:13 PM.