mtbr member

When is the season over around here

Hi, I am still new to here(eugene area) but when is the season over. I got a friend coming in town and I want to take him some cool places. Is it to late for fall city? whats good around here. I would like to do some downhill bombing but I am fine with a climb to get there. Any suggestions would be good thank you. cheers

mtbr member
    Hi gromit,

It's all year here, in the right places. Contact the DOD via the email list, it's a Yahoo group - and if you bring beer (no, not PBR or lesser beers - more like good IPAs, porters, stouts) we might show you our secret singletrack stash that we've built for winter use.

We are having a maintenance party on Oct 20 by the way. We tend to smile more broadly on those who put in some good hard work on the trails. Downhill, I don't know, not my cuppa tea.
    Flaps

Known Mountainbiker
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudflaps
    Hi gromit,

It's all year here, in the right places. Contact the DOD via the email list, it's a Yahoo group - and if you bring beer (no, not PBR or lesser beers - more like good IPAs, porters, stouts) we might show you our secret singletrack stash that we've built for winter use.

Flaps
    It's not really extortion, it's more like an "airplane scheme".

caz
    I am a Mountain Biker therefore I am late

mtbr member
    sounds good. Will it be to late to ride the alpine trail or the bunchgrass trail in oakridge next week? thank you

mtbr member
    What bike shops do most of you guys go to. Is there any shops that do more freeride or downhill type of bikes/bike parts. Anything like the fat tire farm up in portland?

mtbr member

Blackrock ok in winter

Quote Originally Posted by thegromit
    Hi, I am still new to here(eugene area) but when is the season over. I got a friend coming in town and I want to take him some cool places. Is it to late for fall city? whats good around here. I would like to do some downhill bombing but I am fine with a climb to get there. Any suggestions would be good thank you. cheers
    Grom,

Blackrock is totally rideable most of the winter. If it hasn't poured, it is fine-=--just stay off some of the wood structures (ie, wallride) unless you LIKE roadrash & broken der's.

We just rode Sunday Oct 7 and it was tight! The trails were tacky not slick...I didn't wash out once! Ther berms have been fixed, the brake jack smoothed...the trails are dialed!
    Santiam bikes in salem (www.santiambicyle.com) is the closest thing to FTF in PDX. They have a great freeride/DH staff, and the parts you need usually. Thom, Chris, Troy, Dan...Ryan all ride @ BR and know their stuff.
    Beer has food value. Food has no beer value.