yaha ha

Whats close to Eugene?

Whats up boys up north. im a senior in highschool from chico, CA (hour north of sac) and applied to UO and pretty sure ill get in.

Just wondering what the ridings like around there, when we were up there about a year ago, i talked to this guy on some vista point (above REI store, north end of town i believe it was) he was riding a SC jackal ht and said theres not much riding around the town..

So whats close by!!? shuttleable trails and what not. i know black rock, i know post canyon, i know ashland.. anything less than 1.5 hours!!?

thanks
    Geoff

meatier showers
    Nope... nuthin'.

--Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

yaha ha
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    Nope... nuthin'.

--Sparty
    sarcasm... or?

Known Mountainbiker
    Yeah, Sparty's right; We got nuthin.

Well, there's that one trail but you have to climb 5000' to enjoy it.

Caz
    I am a Mountain Biker therefore I am late

Tree Hugger
    Sarcasm, but not really.

In Eugene, there's only one (lame) trail. Ridgeline trail is about 5 miles total, and mostly wide and dull. If you can drive 30-60 minutes there's plenty of good trails, but around here, you need to climb to the top of trails. Shuttles aren't commonly done, unless the trails are 20+ miles long. Blackrock doesn't allow shuttles either. You need to pedal yer bike, or walk it. This area is XC country, not really freeride or downhill.
    I love mankind - it's people I can't stand. ~Charles M. Schulz

mtbr member
    U of is great, congrats if you get in. Look for photo's done by Sasquatch in the past threads. There are a couple of loops that can be done w/out driving, however they get old quick. Give up the shuttles they are for Monkeys only. Bob

Making fat cool since '71
    There is *no* FR/DH within riding distance from Eugina. There are a couple of jump parks in town (Ewwjeen or SpringTucky). Ridgeline blows. Most (not all) of the goods are near Oakridge. Most (not all) are not FR/DH trails. In the summer months (well, 11 weeks a year...) Willamette Pass has their "mountain" open for lift-ASSist riding. It's decent, but not super or duper.

Word on the street is...there is something in the works to have a place similar to what the BlackRock folks have done...in Eugina! It's a bit off in the distance, but coming...probably. We (the non-lycra wearing biking scene in the area) are going to need help, you could help...if it happens.

Really though, to be able to ride, a lot, get used to riding uphill and then enjoy it even more when you pin it going down. I used to hate climbing (I still can't say I love it) but am getting used to it. It opens up way more options and can lead to some epic days (see several photo threads on here). I find myself way "over biked" on many trails when on my Six+Pack really.

Anyway, that's the scoop.

Brock...

Founding member of the Benevolent Order of the ShuttleMonkeys.

PS: BobCanShuttle...I've seen it.
    Are the wheels roundish? Ride it.

Disciples Of Dirt, come ride with us.

mudnthebloodnthebeer
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaKlyde
    (SpringTucky).
    I once had a large woman with a really bad haircut threaten to kick my ass in a Thriftway there for having too many items in the express line. Isn't that Eugene progressivism at its finest?
    Also, the streets are full of horizontal dropouts...

BSNYC

meatier showers
    Quote Originally Posted by quaffimodo
    I once had a large woman with a really bad haircut threaten to kick my ass in a Thriftway there for having too many items in the express line. Isn't that Eugene progressivism at its finest?
    None of the above surprises me, including the fact that you'd try to get away with plugging up a lousy express lane while yer outta town. Dare to come back to Progressiveville and we'll rip your freakin' wings off, got it?

Dang Hillery-lovin' Metro-Northerners.

Psssst... pass me my sawed-off.

--Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

Making fat cool since '71

The real test though...

...was she wearing comfortable shoes?

Brock...

PS: sParty, I got yer back...err...nevermind.
    Are the wheels roundish? Ride it.

Disciples Of Dirt, come ride with us.

Tree Hugger
    You certainly had it coming!
    What's the problem, you can't count, or do you think the rules don't apply to you?

I almost kicked a 70 year old grandma's ass for trying to pull the same thing the other day, but lucky for her, she collected her 13 items (in a 9 item express lane) and moved to the proper lane.
    When I pointed out her lack of respect/ability to count, she played innocent, and said "It's just a few extra items."
    Tough Titties Granny, I don't care if she was only one item over the limit, I won't tolerate that crap!
    I love mankind - it's people I can't stand. ~Charles M. Schulz

Known Mountainbiker
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaKlyde
    ...was she wearing comfortable shoes?

Brock...

I haven't heareded that reference since Robin Williams was funny.

Caz
    I am a Mountain Biker therefore I am late

DOD Member
    A typical Springtucky shopper with two six packs of budweiser and a slim jim does NOT total 13 items. You should know that Sas.
    MaxSteel

mudnthebloodnthebeer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    None of the above surprises me, including the fact that you'd try to get away with plugging up a lousy express lane while yer outta town. Dare to come back to Progressiveville and we'll rip your freakin' wings off, got it?

Dang Hillery-lovin' Metro-Northerners.

Psssst... pass me my sawed-off.

--Sparty
    Hey, I was actually a Springtuckian at the time-lived just down I Street from the hospital. I had to move North when it occurred to me that I might be genetically programmed to completely lose it after being panhandled by the Nth +1 white person with dreads.

As for the shoe thing, I dunno. Are square-toed biker boots comfortable?
    Also, the streets are full of horizontal dropouts...

BSNYC