mtbr member

What to bring to Mountain Bike Oregon in July?

I'm going to the July MBO. Never been before. For those who have been, what do you bring? The website suggests the following:
    • Bike
    • Helmet
    • Bike shoes
    • Bike clothing
    • Hydration pack or water bottles
    • Tent
    • Sleeping bag
    • Sleeping pad
    • Pillow
    • Camp chair
    • Flashlight or bike light
    • Sunscreen
    • Sunglasses
    • Warm jacket for the evenings
    • Swimsuit
    • Towel
    • Camera

So far on my list in addition I have a extra battery pack and charger, and DEET.

Thanks!

Making fat cool since '71
    While I really do not mind patching folks up once they're back in camp...having your own reasonable med kit is a good idea. Particularly if there's a pain relief remedy, scrub or ointment you favor. We'll have your back if you forget though. I ALWAYS bring fresh berries to have with breakfast and snack on. Also, if you do not drink beer, bring your fave thing to have while watching the carnage in the beer garden. I'd also suggest folks bring their preferred post-ride recovery drink whether that's chocolate milk or one of the fancy trailhead cred drinks, bring them and drink them. It's only three days of riding but combined with the late night/early morning...it adds up quickly.

Brock...
    Are the wheels roundish? Ride it.

Disciples Of Dirt, come ride with us.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Bring a reusable mug for beer/wine/kombucha too, otherwise it's just plastic cups which get thrown out at the end of the night.

Making fat cool since '71
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBaker View Post
    Bring a reusable mug for beer/wine/kombucha too, otherwise it's just plastic cups which get thrown out at the end of the night.
    Ben switched to reusable cups last year. Saved a couple dumpsters worth of waste.

Brock...
    Are the wheels roundish? Ride it.

Disciples Of Dirt, come ride with us.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    A fresh, well-rested liver.

mtbr member
    I'll second the Deet and the small first aid kit, and add to that a little sunscreen. And don't forget to bring whatever bike gear you'd normally bring with you on a multi-day trip ... an extra tube or two, chain lube ...

We always bring some bike locks too. Theft is uncommon (I don't actually know whether there's ever been a bike theft at all) and there is a minor police presence and lots of MTB peeps/guides/volunteers around to deter theft ... it doesn't hurt to have a little extra theft deterrent.

And seconds to Brock's suggestion for your own personal post-ride treats. If it looks like it's going to be pretty warm, I'll be freezing coconut water and keeping it in a cooler. Yummy.

And ... it's only rained on me once in July, and will probably never happen again, but putting on cold wet bike shoes the next morning really sucked. So I go a little overboard now planning for every weather outcome. Various choices of layers, and an extra pair of shoes.

Can't wait to see you there!!

i'm schralping yer thread
    Jan 2004
    Disco ball. No campsite is complete without it.

Obviously Single
    I would also bring a light rain jacket -- just on the way-off chance it might rain. And I like to have warm pants for going to breakfast in the morning. Sitting on dewy chairs in the cool air will wake you up! [Just don't ask where the syrup is located.]
    The Lee-Man

A witty saying proves nothing. -- Voltaire

mtbr member
    Nothiní like fresh knobs. Iím sitting on two new tires that Iíll throw on just before jumping on the plane. And donít forget the bike light/headlamp if youíre going to do any after-hours cruising. The old-timers there get a little grumpy if they see bikes rolliní down the roads in the dark.

Dirty minded
    Nov 2008
    a big ass grin