Who is John Galt?

Wet trails in May?

Greetings,

I'm coming to Portland in mid-May from Missouri. Everything here is soaked, and fragile enough that we don't dare ride. I'm hoping to get a ride in while in Oregon, but wonder how things are in May. Seems you guys get tons of rain, how do you handle that on your trails? Can they be ridden when wet? I don't like to leave ruts. Hoping to head down to Corvalis to pay my respects at Full Cycles where my Yeti was born. Any ride suggestions would be welcome -- looking for something fast and fun but don't want to take too many chances so far from home. Thanks!
    Big Jim
    What, me hurry?

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Its always hard to say what the conditions will be like here, could be rainy and muddy or beautiful. 3 Corner rock is probably a safe bet, thats in Washougal WA, lots of climbing and descending. Syncline is probably safe, but might be full of poison oak

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    What amtbr said (about Syncline). If we have a nice stretch of weather the trails in the Tillamook forrest could be in decent shape. How long will you be here? What type of riding? There will definitely be good riding by then, if not west of the Cascades then in Bend.

Who is John Galt?
    HI guys,

Still making plans but I need to be in Portland on May 14 for a meeting...thought I might come in early maybe 5/10 and would have 2-3 days to play. I wanted to head south to Corvalis and pay my respects to Will at Full Cycles where I bought my Yeti. But I'm sure open to suggestions. It's been so wet around here (Missouri) I haven't done any riding in quite awhile. Appreciate the suggestions, I'll check out the trail reviews.

Jim
    What, me hurry?

Members who have read this thread: 0