mtbr member
    May 2008

West side riding?

well i am picking up my new bike this friday and wanting to take it out. was hoping that the rain would hold off but not my luck. I was just going to take a ride over around Hagg Lake, but dont know what the conditions will be like. is there any places on the westside that will still have decent riding this weekend?

Out spokin'
    Quote Originally Posted by spare link
    well i am picking up my new bike this friday and wanting to take it out. was hoping that the rain would hold off but not my luck. I was just going to take a ride over around Hagg Lake, but dont know what the conditions will be like. is there any places on the westside that will still have decent riding this weekend?
    Whypass. 2 miles west of Lorane.

--sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    Whypass. 2 miles west of Lorane.

--sParty
    looking to stay more in the portland area. but will add that to the list of places to try in the spring.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Anything in the Tillamook Forest (Storey Burn, Brown's Camp, Wilson River Trail) should eb in fine, if not a little slick, condition. Otherwise, Rocky Point Trails are close. Anywhere you go is going to have it's share of mud and slick roots. If you go east, Sandy Ridge is a good choice as well.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by spare link
    Hagg will be a mess.Your new ride does not deserve that.Wilson River is your best bet for conditions and proximity.
    Master of Laundry...Lord of Cleaning!

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by poppa#1
    Hagg will be a mess.Your new ride does not deserve that.Wilson River is your best bet for conditions and proximity.
    Trail head? I am still new so don't know many places to go. Any trails maps?

mtbr member
    Yes, avoid Hagg Lake until next August, it will be a mess.

As mentioned earlier, anything in the Tillamook should be good, but slick.

Tillamook maps
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Members who have read this thread: 0