Expert Pushing SSer

Weep with me Brothers and Sisters....

with joy! Looks like I will have a hall pass the evening of the 19th, 20th or 21st of June. I vote for the 21st, as it is the longest day of the year. We should celebrate by doing a ride. Then celebrate the day/ride with post ride refreshments. Mebe the coast range? Or [insert favorite summer eveningish ride]. Whatcha ya'll thinking?
    Last edited by Meat Foot; 05-31-2006 at 10:31 AM.
    Tuff Schist

Shamisen Appreciator
    Jan 2004
    IN! Maybe. We have wonderful guests coming to stay with us for two lovely weeks starting on the 21st. I would love nothing more than to be anywhere but my own home during that period of time and leave my wife to enjoy the company of her guests.

I'm in for any riding (or anything else that would give me an excuse to leave my house for that matter) that can take place for the two week period starting the 21st. Of course, that's only if I can simultaneously keep the politicians in my house happy...wouldn't want the snub to be so outright as to have hurt feelings.

Expert Pushing SSer
    Quote Originally Posted by smudge
    IN! Maybe. We have wonderful guests coming to stay with us for two lovely weeks starting on the 21st. I would love nothing more than to be anywhere but my own home during that period of time and leave my wife to enjoy the company of her guests.

I'm in for any riding (or anything else that would give me an excuse to leave my house for that matter) that can take place for the two week period starting the 21st. Of course, that's only if I can simultaneously keep the politicians in my house happy...wouldn't want the snub to be so outright as to have hurt feelings.
    Well, if you want to "help me" (really I would be helping you) plan a ride, Friday mid day, from the Amtrak station in downtown PDX, and ride to Salem, you would be welcome to join me. Long story short, I will be coming back from Seattle into PDX with my bike on the train. I see it as a goal to ride from PDX to Salem.
    Tuff Schist

meatier showers
    Quote Originally Posted by Meat Foot
    Well, if you want to "help me" ...
    The Disciples of Dirt will be doing our usual weekly Wednesday night ride on the 21st. You're welcome to join us if you'd like. "Fresh Meat." I also plan to do my usual evening ride up Bear Mtn on Monday the 19th -- you're welcome to join me for that one as well.

I have the last week in June off (my "vacation" starts on June 24 and ends on the Fourth of July) so if you've got something going during that time, pipe up.

Heck, pipe up even if you don't. Everybody likes to pipe up.

--Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

Shamisen Appreciator
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Meat Foot
    Well, if you want to "help me" (really I would be helping you) plan a ride, Friday mid day, from the Amtrak station in downtown PDX, and ride to Salem, you would be welcome to join me. Long story short, I will be coming back from Seattle into PDX with my bike on the train. I see it as a goal to ride from PDX to Salem.
    Thanks for the offer to let me help you help me. I'll take a look at me maps but I dunno how helpful I'll be. With the tools available to you, you'll undoubtedly have a better handle on it than I. I won't hesitate to "pretend" to help though.

What were you thinking for a ride on the 21st? Assuming this would be an evening ordeal...Gales? Brown's?

I rode Hagg Lake this weekend with the missus. Not too bad of a ride if it wasn't muddy and the skeeters didn't threaten to carry me away everytime I stopped to wait for the lady.