Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    22

    Weekly Women's Mountain Bike Ride -- Eugene Area

    All women are invited to join a weekly women's mountain bike ride. Tell your wives, girlfriends, sisters, mothers, daughters, etc. This is a great way to get more women on the trail. We will be riding a few different trails throughout the summer—this week we'll be at WhyPass.

    Tuesday Night Women's Ride
    6:30 - 8:30 p.m.

    NOTE: This week (July 5th) we plan to ride at WhyPass. Meet at the Pile at 6:35 p.m. or to carpool, meet at Lane Community College in the lot closest to I-5 at 5:50 p.m. These rides are run by women, for women (sorry boys) and provide a supportive environment for ladies to experience the joys of mountain biking. All levels and abilities welcome. Helmets are required.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ArchMarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    24
    I can't make it tonight but this sounds like a great idea! Are you going to post the rides on here every week or is there a better way to hear about the rides?

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchMarge View Post
    Are you going to post the rides on here every week or is there a better way to hear about the rides?
    I will try to post on here as often as I remember so we can reach more women, but your best bet is to check on the Disciples of Dirt Yahoo! Group: http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/DisciplesOfDirt/

    We hope to see you on the trail soon.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    22
    The weekly women's ride is happening again tomorrow. We hope to see some new faces. Come join us.

    Tuesday Night Women's Ride
    6:30 - 8:30 p.m.

    NOTE: This week (July 12th) we plan to ride at WhyPass again. Meet at the Pile at 6:35 p.m. or to carpool, meet at Lane Community College in the lot closest to I-5 at 5:50 p.m. These rides are run by women, for women (sorry boys) and provide a supportive environment for ladies to experience the joys of mountain biking. All levels and abilities welcome. Helmets are required.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ArchMarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    24
    Hey, just wondering if anyone normally "leads" the ride. 3 of us showed up tonight and none of knew WhyPass very well. It ended up being a bust for me anyway because I lost part of my skewer somewhere (pretty dumb) but I wanted to know if there will be anyone there to actually organize the ride in future weeks.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kimm2222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchMarge View Post
    Hey, just wondering if anyone normally "leads" the ride. 3 of us showed up tonight and none of knew WhyPass very well. It ended up being a bust for me anyway because I lost part of my skewer somewhere (pretty dumb) but I wanted to know if there will be anyone there to actually organize the ride in future weeks.
    Damn--I'm really sorry you were left on your own. There has been a core group of four women every time to lead and sweep these rides, but this week three of us weren't able to make it and the fourth went to LCC to wait for other carpoolers but nobody showed, so she went home.

    Next Tuesday there will definitely be other women to lead the ride. Get your skewer fixed and come back out to WhyPass next week. Apologies again for tonight.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    74
    Damn, really wish I could go. Where I am, there are not too many female riders and any area, if but only a few. none of which can chat outside their comfort circle?

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by kimm2222 View Post
    Damn--I'm really sorry you were left on your own. There has been a core group of four women every time to lead and sweep these rides, but this week three of us weren't able to make it and the fourth went to LCC to wait for other carpoolers but nobody showed, so she went home.

    Next Tuesday there will definitely be other women to lead the ride. Get your skewer fixed and come back out to WhyPass next week. Apologies again for tonight.
    This brings up an interesting dilemma. I was the one who waited at LCC last night. I wasn't sure what to do. I didn't want to drive all the way out to WhyPass just to find out that I was the only one there. I don't feel comfortable riding alone—it's important to me that someone else is present on the ride just in case I crash and need help. Therefore, I decided to go home since I hadn't heard of anyone who was going to show.

    I am very sorry to the three ladies who showed. It was probably a fluke week, but I wonder if there is anything we can do to prevent this in the future. Any ideas? Is it best to stick with one meeting location that is in town instead of giving the option for both? Should we recommend that people give us a heads up when they plan to be out there?

    Please let us know.

  9. #9
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,000
    Quote Originally Posted by lindy5678 View Post
    This brings up an interesting dilemma. I was the one who waited at LCC last night. I wasn't sure what to do. I didn't want to drive all the way out to WhyPass just to find out that I was the only one there. I don't feel comfortable riding alone—it's important to me that someone else is present on the ride just in case I crash and need help. Therefore, I decided to go home since I hadn't heard of anyone who was going to show.

    I am very sorry to the three ladies who showed. It was probably a fluke week, but I wonder if there is anything we can do to prevent this in the future. Any ideas? Is it best to stick with one meeting location that is in town instead of giving the option for both? Should we recommend that people give us a heads up when they plan to be out there?

    Please let us know.
    The DOD list serve works pretty well for confirming rides in a more timely (and less public) manner. Always good to have an idea of who/how many are planning on being there.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ArchMarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by lindy5678 View Post
    This brings up an interesting dilemma. I was the one who waited at LCC last night. I wasn't sure what to do. I didn't want to drive all the way out to WhyPass just to find out that I was the only one there. I don't feel comfortable riding alone—it's important to me that someone else is present on the ride just in case I crash and need help. Therefore, I decided to go home since I hadn't heard of anyone who was going to show.

    I am very sorry to the three ladies who showed. It was probably a fluke week, but I wonder if there is anything we can do to prevent this in the future. Any ideas? Is it best to stick with one meeting location that is in town instead of giving the option for both? Should we recommend that people give us a heads up when they plan to be out there?

    Please let us know.
    I figured it was just a weird week and it totally makes sense why you went home. You made a really great point about having one meeting location. I just wasn't sure since both options were on there. It's probably a good idea to use the DOD list serve as well. I'm just new to this so this is good to know. Thanks all!

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kimm2222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    51
    It's Tuesday and the weekly women's ride is at WhyPass again. It is definitely happening (rain or shine) and there will definitely be guides this time =) There might be a little mud, but come on out and have fun!

    To carpool or caravan meet at the LCC parking lot closest to the freeway at 5:50 pm.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kimm2222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    51

    Back to Ridgeline for this week

    This Tuesday (August 2nd) the DOD ladies ride will be on the Ridgeline Trail so that we can make the movie night afterwards. We'll meet at the bottom of the Headwaters Trail (Canyon Drive and Martin St.) at 6:00 pm and do a slightly shorter ride. Then we'll ride over to Ninkasi Brewing for beer, pizza, and the DOD/GOATS sponsored movie "Life Cycles" which starts at 8:00. Should be a fun evening--come on out!

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    22
    Tuesday Night Women's Ride on GOODMAN CREEK

    Tuesday August 16, 2011
    6:15 pm - 8:15 pm
    Goodman Creek trail

    This Tuesday we are planning to ride the Goodman Creek trail. Meet at 5:45 at LCC northeast parking lot (near freeway entrance) to carpool, or meet at the Goodman Creek trail head off Hwy 58 @ 6:15. We will ride up Goodman Creek Road and down the trail. Goodman Creek is a fun and challenging trail with roots, switchbacks and creek crossings. Depending on the time we may also be able to ride up part of Eagle's Rest. Helmets are required.

  14. #14
    jrahm
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    60

    women's bike fest

    Sisters Mountain Bike Festival has two guided women's rides (beginner and intermediate) with skills camps and an epic option, Sept 24-25. Beer festival in Sisters Saturday, you get free admission. All proceeds benefit Sisters Trails Alliance.

    Sisters Mountain Bike Festival, Sisters, Oregon, September 24 & 25, 2011

    John
    Sisters Trails

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kimm2222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    51

    Women's Tuesday night rides are over for 2011

    Last Tuesday was our final ride for the season. We had a fun run and It was great getting to meet some new local women. Hopefully we'll be able to organize some women's weekend rides through the fall. Check on the Disciples of Dirt message board for announcements.

    :Kim

    PS: Could the moderator please un-stickify this? Thanks.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-11-2009, 09:21 AM
  2. Moscow area weekly women's rides
    By curry in forum Idaho, Montana, Wyoming
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-13-2008, 10:55 PM
  3. Pullman/Moscow area weekly women's rides
    By curry in forum Washington
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-13-2008, 10:53 PM
  4. Palouse area weekly women's rides
    By curry in forum Women's Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-13-2008, 10:51 PM
  5. sunday ride ,eugene area?
    By dagooch8 in forum Oregon
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-27-2005, 11:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •