Thread: Wanoga trails

Afric Pepperbird

Wanoga trails

So, how trashed are they?

Please tell me they're not bad, and the post-race amelioration will be intense. I'm planning on riding monday.

Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    You might want to a least wait for the event to end before you start mourning the death of the trails.
    Only two infinite things exist: the universe and stupidity. And, I am unsure of the universe
    - Albert Einstein

Afric Pepperbird
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Giggity View Post
    You might want to a least wait for the event to end before you start mourning the death of the trails.
    Aren't they over by now?

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=dirt farmer;10454409]So, how trashed are they?

Please tell me they're not bad, and the post-race amelioration will be intense. I'm planning on riding monday".

Not too bad really, especially upper TW and the higher elevation trails. Lower Funner, TW, and SK had some blown, choppy corners when I rode it on Sat, but no loss of traction with good hook up at speed. I imagine with the dry spell of weather, the trails are not going to improve anytime soon, so I would ride it before they get too torched, which will probably be by 2-4 weeks if weather continues like it is. I plan to ride them again this coming weekend when in town for Sunriver family trip.
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    I heard most people were surprised how GOOD the trails hell'd up!

On that note, the braking chop on lower Tiddly and some of SK, seem'd to never get filled in over winter, with the light snow pack. I rode those trails EARLY this year, and the braking chop and sandy corners were already in full effect.
    Bend, Oregon

Keep Singletrack Single
    Quote Originally Posted by thuren View Post

On that note, the braking chop on lower Tiddly and some of SK, seem'd to never get filled in over winter, with the light snow pack. I rode those trails EARLY this year, and the braking chop and sandy corners were already in full effect.
    Looks like some rain in the forecast early next week!! Keep your fingers crossed......
    Phil's Trail Steward for COTA
    http://www.cotamtb.com
    Phil's Trail Facebook Page
    https://www.facebook.com/PhilsTrail

Afric Pepperbird
    I went out there this morning, and they were much better than what I'd anticipated!

Still lots of blue course tape, but the trails weren't too bad. And I picked up very little trash.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by thuren View Post

Yes, for how dry it was and has been, the trails were great. The race organizers did a great job with the layout of the stages. Couldn't of asked for a better course and race stages (Funner, Upper TW, Lower TW, SK), unless Whoops was added of course But, got after that along with everyone else so it seemed on Sunday. Really dig the trail progression, flow and added features on upper TW and Whoops. Whoops is riding faster due to the extra work and even feels like you don't have to pedal all that much if hitting everything right. I think it is one of the best sections of trail in all of OR and thats including Blackrock and Sandy. Kudos COTA and the trail boss of Whoops, it is awesome!!!
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Whoops seems to have taken a beating over the weekend.