Thread: Wall of Tears

mtbr member

Wall of Tears

Four hardy souls went out to the McRiver Trail today for the best ride of the summer! Sunny & (not) warm. Present were Dagooch, Cazloco, RockhoundMTB, and myself. We went out-n-back from the very bottom to Trailbridge Reservoir for a total of 28 miles, spending 3:25 on the bike time. The stops were rather brief, enforced by the sub-freezing temps and some wind off the river. Here are few picsSorry they're a bit fuzzy, looks like it's time for a monopod to stabilize the camera. Fun was had by all.

Photos:
    Group shot
    Cazloco
    Rockhound
    Dagooch
    Mudflaps
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Neato! Which section was that with the Icicles of death?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon
    Neato! Which section was that with the Icicles of death?
    Way past Paradise, which was the original proposed name of this thread. I *think* it was in the first section below Trailbridge, (brain-dead right now, must sleep...zzzzzzzzzzzzzz). One of the others present will correct me if I got that wrong
    Last edited by Mudflaps; 02-18-2006 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Spelling error_2 letter word!

mtbr member
    Wow - looks darn cold! Also looks like a nice ride.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Smile walls of ice!

sounds llike a greast ride up there guys, pictures look pretty good with the walls of ice. How slippery was the ground?

mtbr member

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Quote Originally Posted by OFP508
    sounds llike a greast ride up there guys, pictures look pretty good with the walls of ice. How slippery was the ground?
    hey all,you're right it was cold at first but was just like summer once we got movin'....traction was gr8 in IMO...there were several coooool things to check out but it was way too cold to stop for most..I think mudflaps is correct about the location of the"wall of tears"but i'm beat after that one,could be wrong.Here are the pics I took that came out : I need to learn how to use a camera .......BETTER get it WHILE ITS DRY(doesn't sound right) daGOOCH
    [SIZE=4]I'd rather be mountainbiking. [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Nice shots Gooch! I'll post a few more later. The only slippery spots were near the icicles and one other spot. Frozen dry ground makes for great traction. I even saw dust on one corner while I was behind Cazloco (that was most of the day), damn he's getting fast.

MattSavage
    Why is that fella' not wearing gloves? I guess SS'ers are more hardcore than I thought.
    "I wrote a hit play! What have you ever done?!"

Have Ashtray, Will Travel....

mtbr member

ding,ding,ding you win a prize

Quote Originally Posted by mattsavage
    Why is that fella' not wearing gloves? I guess SS'ers are more hardcore than I thought.
    for noticing the gloveless hands.This was one of the only picture sstops so I guess you could call us posers but otherwise there would be no pics to show you.too busy spinin'.......good eye matt. GOocH

Known Mountainbiker

Look Ma! No Gloves!

Yep! Sure sign of posers and as one can see; I'm laughing pretty hard. "You set me up and I'll Knock me down". Very good at catching that matt, I didn't think anyone would notice.

Yeah, it was pretty cold but we all dressed well so no complaints. Plus, GOOch brought his automotive sized air pressure gauge along so what really could have gone wrong?

caz

Tree Hugger
    Quote Originally Posted by cazloco
    Yep! Sure sign of posers and as one can see; I'm laughing pretty hard. "You set me up and I'll Knock me down". Very good at catching that matt, I didn't think anyone would notice.

Yeah, it was pretty cold but we all dressed well so no complaints. Plus, GOOch brought his automotive sized air pressure gauge along so what really could have gone wrong?

caz
    Looks like I missed a fun ride. Quite photogenic condtions as well. I'm down in Oakland, where the weather was nice today, but I rode in 3-5 inches of wet snow on Friday at 1800 ft.
    I love mankind - it's people I can't stand. ~Charles M. Schulz

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch
    Looks like I missed a fun ride. Quite photogenic condtions as well. I'm down in Oakland, where the weather was nice today, but I rode in 3-5 inches of wet snow on Friday at 1800 ft.
    Hey Matt,heard you were out of town this week maybe next week,eh?wat you doin down there?hey cazloco dont forget my geeky computer&4 patched tubes.....piece out ya'll gooch

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch
    Hey Sas, Did you get details firmed up on your new frame? Will you be back for this Wed night ride?
    Cheers, 'Flaps

mtbr member

In different weather...@95 deg F

We went past the same spot today in quite different conditions. It was 105 Deg F on the freeway on the way home. Had to bring this thread back up so we can remember not to complain too much about the heat....or the cold.....

Today's pics follow, didn't click much, to quote Ella Fitzgerald, "Too Darn Hot"
    1. Wall of Tears@95 Deg F
    2. Guess who's coming to Dinner?
    3. Blue Pool

Known Mountainbiker
    Best ride of the summer, again.

chris

P.S. For the shuttlers we passed on our way up: "There is no wrong way."

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cazloco
    Best ride of the summer, again.

chris

P.S. For the shuttlers we passed on our way up: "There is no wrong way."
    Thanks for the ride Chris. Fun was had.
    Best ride of the summer, again, and again, and again....

Expert Pushing SSer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudflaps
    Thanks for the ride Chris. Fun was had.
    Best ride of the summer, again, and again, and again....
    Blue Pool looks inviting in this heat, for sure. It was 71 at 4 this AM when I suited up. I consumed 2 21 oz. bottles during my 45 min commute. Gonna be another azz burner today
    Tuff Schist