mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Wagner Creek Watershed

So Im hopeing there is someone on here that knows the trail pretty good.

I know how to get to the trail head at the top. But i have not rode the full length of the trail back to the cattle gaurd. I figure from the top to the cattle guard is pretty self explanitory. But if i want to keep going down where do i pick up the trail again. Is it in plain site or will i have to look for it? I have seen where the trail comes out at the very bottom, I rode up it a ways one day. My goal is to come out at the very bottom.
    So can anybody point me into the right direction? Thanks

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    There are multiple trails out there... I am unclear which drop-in point you're talking about. There are a lot of bail-out and loop options. Some trails are pedalers, some are set up for the hucker-type.

If you're talking about the trail you can see come out on the road about a mile after the pavement ends, that's Chuck's Chips. It starts off one of the roads that shoots off after the big double jump near the cattle guard.
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    SO once i make my way to the cattle guard. I can pick up that trail? How do i find it? is that the only trail that keeps going down from the cattle guard?

Also the drop in point that i used was a couple miles past the cattle guard. Theres a parking area on the right. we parked there and rode up the road about 1/4 mile or maybe 1/2 mile, and droped in on the right side.

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    So, you have ridden the trails that start after the Wagner Butte trailhead... These trails go all the way to Little Applegate. I can't remember all the names, Middle Earth, Annies, Lower Middle Earth, ect. ect. There's a trail that drops in about a half mile past where you've been called PBR and it's more freeride than the older trails. It ends on the road that I'm thinking you rode back to the cattleguard on...(2040 )

The road splits at the cattleguard riding/driving up. The road to the right (road 2250 first hard right downhill) goes to Little Applegate and the trails pop out in various places down that road. There's bail out points in different spots if you don't want to spend all day climbing back out. First bail out is a road called 2040 which takes you back to the cattleguard just above 2050...

The trail I mentioned that I'm thinking you could see the bottom of, starts off the road past the yellow gate and double jump to your left. (Small parking area) This is a unmapped skid road. Ride past the gate and keep on that road. You'll see where everyone's going probably...

I wouldn't mind showing you around, but I'm really busy this time of year and the weather's turning. It's a matter of time before you hook up with someone who knows them all. Anyone in the Sofa club knows them well.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    SO i actually never rode far enough to have to ride back to the cattle guard. we popped out back onto the rode way above the cattle guard. The trail kept going though, in fact they were marked. i think one said Jesse trail but im not sure. I wish there was a map of some sort that had the trail marked out. O well. How far is little Applegate From the trail head? Seems like a long ways. And what about the Wagner Butte trail. Where does that go? Does anybody ride it?

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Wagner Butte trail goes up to... Wagner Butte. I have ridden up to the top before, but I don't think it's a good idea. Pretty sure it's hiker only.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Cliffy - Tell me more about PBR. I have ridden a lot of trails up there but never above the trail a 1/4 mile past the wagner butte parking lot. Is it easy to find? My son likes light free riding while I am cross coutry - is there a way around the stunts. I love Chucks Chips but always go around the stunts.

Always looking to explore.

Thanks - Dave

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Quote Originally Posted by sordave
    Cliffy - Tell me more about PBR.
    If you go up past the old trails another 1/8 mile, it drops in on the right. (Look on a soft corner on the main road...) All the stunts have bail out lines, although there are a couple steep lines, and one log ride/drop you'll have to get around. It's a bit short, and dumps out on the 2040 road that the upper section of the older trails dump out on as well. After a decent pedal back, you can ride back to the cattleguard, or ride the other sections of trail below like you normally would. I'm supprised your son doesn't know about it. Lots o fun!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Any idea of the elevation at the trail head? just wondering how much snow there will be this sunday morning

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Quote Originally Posted by bdierks
    Any idea of the elevation at the trail head? just wondering how much snow there will be this sunday morning
    Snow level is around 4k right now. May melt off by Sunday. You'll see snow at the cattleguard or lower right now.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Well, This last sunday we went up. It was a great time. There was way to much snow to start out at the upper trails. So we ended up gust riding the lower one (chucks chips). It was a first for me and all but one of us that went. We all agreed AWESOME trial. The road to get to the trail had about 8" of snow. but that just made it more fun. once we were in the trees it wasnt so bad. Still a lot of snow in some parts, but overall still good. There is a lot of trees that came down in the last storm we had. We probebly had to carry over about 10 logs. And also had to go under a few. Need to go in with a saw next time. Anyway, I cant wait to ride that trail again in the spring.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    so i rode three of these trails today and it was the sh*t as usual (i've only been three times though soo whatever) I am curious if what everyone calls PBR is actually the "Sheeps Creek" trail and then the lower part that turns into "Stump Jump?" I've seen how basically every bit of the wooden ramps and construction has been torn down, just curious if there is possibly some stuff that is hidden and i need to hook up with the right people to find it

Www.rvmba.org
    Feb 2009
    PBR is not Sheeps creek. All wooden features you see torn down was a previous attempt to spice up the trail. Some didnt like it and tore them down. Then PBR was built. Keep looking.

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Gotta love the 2-year-old thread bump...

Www.rvmba.org
    Feb 2009
    didnt even notice. Was wondering about the 8" of snow.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    PBR is about a 1/4 mile up the road from the start of the sheep creek trail...

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    can i get a shuttle?

Www.rvmba.org
    Feb 2009
    moocher.
    To bad its buried in snow.