Too Much Fun

New question here. Waaay OT: Best PDX ISP?

Hi folks,

OT I know, but I'm doing a bit of research for a move and and I'm wondering what the best options are for high speed net service in Portland.. I was looking at Comcast's combo Voice/Cable/Net service but it ain't the cheapest option.

So I'm curious what you all are running?

And to get back OT, I look forward to a ton of rides once I'm up there...
    - -benja- -

Est. 1971
    Jan 2004
    I have Comcast's cable internet. It's about $50 a month. I had Verizon DSL when I first move out here last year but I dropped them after the connection proved too unreliable (I live in the 'burbs and apparently too far from the last relay point) and their customer service sucked. I actually had a bad feeling about them when I got their 'welcome' letter. I ditched my land line all together.

I'm pretty happy with my DISH/Comcast/T-mobile combo.
    -Tim B
    Larry of the Swiss Alps

Too Much Fun
    Quote Originally Posted by tim_fsr
    I'm pretty happy with my DISH/Comcast/T-mobile combo.
    Interesting, I'm looking at DISH right now. Why not just do Comcast for cable+high speed? I haven't run all the costs yet...
    - -benja- -

Est. 1971
    Jan 2004
    I already had DISH before I moved out here and was really happy with it. Plus, a friend of mine from Chicago had alot of issues with multiple Comcast receivers (although he blamed it on Motorola tech). So I didn't really have any incentive to leave. I have the second DISH option package, which is about $50 a month.
    -Tim B
    Larry of the Swiss Alps

mtbr member
    I've used Comcast for 4 years now. The service is very reliable and the speed is fairly fast and consistent. I pay $60 a month after taxes and all for internet only. It is a bit pricey.

I don't like some of Comcast's shady business practices and since I live in Beaverton and have Verizon Fios available to me for around $40 a month I was thinking about going with that.