Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Good job! Vote for sandy ridge trail building grant!!!!

Bell helmets is doing a 100k grant to build new trails and Sandy Ridge is in the finals for the Downhill category. Please fallow the link to vote. You must have a facebook account to vote, so if you don't then make one and get your vote in. Make sure all your friends and family get a vote in as well. This could be a huge advancement for our local trails.
    https://www.facebook.com/BellBikeHel...69747409753569

mtbr member
    Done. Thanks for posting!

The Unaffiliated
    Oct 2009
    So far so good!

never summer
    Been blasting it on all the non-mtb forums I lurk.
    Fargo Ti + Moonlander + Necro Pug + Nature Boy

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Saw this elsewhere and came here to post it. THanks for beating me to it. I voted!
    Bend, OR

mtbr member
    I just voted.

currently:

sandy ridge has 36%

copper harber has 38%

Don't let copper win, so vote up!!
    2009 Gaint Trance x2

Too Much Fun
    Quote Originally Posted by sknsnw9 View Post

sandy ridge has 36%
    copper harber has 38%
    Voted! Get in there people!
    - -benja- -

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Somebody "vote" for me please. Facebook is a deal breaker.
    Master of Laundry...Lord of Cleaning!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    It tracks vote by email address associated with the facebook account. Meaning you can only vote once per account. Just make a stinkin account and get your vote in. I don't care if you have to make a fake email just to make an account. VOTE!!!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by finch6013 View Post
    It tracks vote by email address associated with the facebook account. Meaning you can only vote once per account. Just make a stinkin account and get your vote in. I don't care if you have to make a fake email just to make an account. VOTE!!!!
    I don't know why or how but I have voted 4 times with one account, I suggest you keep trying to vote. Maybe delete cookies to vote again. How can a down hill trail in Michigan win? What are they going to do, buy some dirt to build a hill? Come on people vote already!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I tired to vote again and when you click to vote it then shows the stats and doesn't give me the pop up that happened the first time I voted. Same with you???
    Also I read that when voting first began they had some problems and had to start over. So if you voted right at the beginning, you might check to make sure you still get a vote in.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    36% sandy ridge
    39% those other guys

Dont let them win

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Done! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by poppa#1 View Post
    Somebody "vote" for me please. Facebook is a deal breaker.
    Me too. Too bad they chose FB for this poll. Limits the demographic that will respond IMHO.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Voting system glitch reset to zero yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Vancbiker View Post
    Me too. Too bad they chose FB for this poll. Limits the demographic that will respond IMHO.
    Try and re-vote if you can. Chances are, your earlier vote no longer counts. I was able to re-vote this morning.
    2011 Santa Cruz Blur LTc
    2005 KHS DJ200
    2005 Rocky Mountain ETSX-70 (stolen)

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    quit being a crybaby and vote

Pedal Damn It!
    I just voted for Sandy, it's still 36% to 39%. We need more votes.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by finch6013 View Post
    quit being a crybaby and vote
    Sorry, don't do FB and likely less a crybaby than yourself. If Bell truly wanted to determine which area had the most passionate riders, they shouldn't limit the vote to members of a "social network".

P.S. name calling is no way to build support for, or a consensus of trail users of an area.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    We're down by 5% now. Damnit!

mtbr member

Re: Vote for sandy ridge trail building grant!!!!

Sorry, don't do FB and likely less a crybaby than yourself. If Bell truly wanted to determine which area had the most passionate riders, they shouldn't limit the vote to members of a "social network".

P.S. name calling is no way to build support for, or a consensus of trail users of an area.
    To be fair, we only heard about the poll via a social network. How else besides a very expensive ad campaign would they spread it? I kind of think that's the point of a social network...

I do however, think its limiting feedback not having an online poll. Or a phone-in. Or chipping on block tablets. Whatever was around when you grew up.

the Dude memorial aviator
    +1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Impy
    just plain unfriendly and maladjusted.
    "Yes, honey: I do love this bike more than I love you."

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoban View Post
    To be fair, we only heard about the poll via a social network. How else besides a very expensive ad campaign would they spread it? I kind of think that's the point of a social network...

I do however, think its limiting feedback not having an online poll. Or a phone-in. Or chipping on block tablets. Whatever was around when you grew up.
    +1
    I never knew facebook was such a bad thing. I can understand not having an interest in using it. I have a FB and rarely use it for anything but news on things like this poll and other interests. It's not like it has to be tied to your everyday email or even have your real name on it. This forum is worse than facebook.

Anyway, who really cares. If you want a shot at having more awesome single track then find a way to vote. Otherwise it will be sad when we loose and loose the opportunity that could have helped biking in our area.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Number one: I asked my parents to vote for me, but my dad was born and raised in Michigan. Big conflict of interest, so I did not push as hard as I typically would have.

Number two: If I quit mountain biking I would have no use for MTBR. I would miss NateDogs posts though.

Number three: If you have not seen the South Park "Facebook" episode you "may" have missed something special.

Cheers and have fun everyone! I had no intention of sending this thread soooooooooo OT. I sure hope that everyone got out on two wheels this weekend! That is why we are here.
    Master of Laundry...Lord of Cleaning!

Metalheadbikerider
    We are down by 5%. Time to rally. Vote and consider posting this (or something like it) on your FB wall to get others to vote for SRTS:

Friends, please do me a favor that will take about 10 seconds. We are trying to land a $100,000 grant for a local trail and need more votes. Click the link. Then click "Downhill Projects." Last, click on "Sandy Ridge Trails." Thank you. https://www.facebook.com/BellBikeHel...69747409753569
    Support mtb'ing in the Portland area, join NWTA with your dollars, hands, and/or voice. nw-trail.org

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    $100,000 is a lot of new trail! Get your vote in!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast