Riderdon
    Feb 2010

Hope Visiting Portland - looking for old rider(s)

I'll be visiting my son in Portland Dec 23-28, & while he's working, I hope to get away for a couple of days to kick around on a bike, preferably a mountain bike on gentle - intermediate trails.

I've concluded that snow conditions on the good single track to the east will be problematical, and I didn't find any single track at low elevations on the internet.

Any suggestions, or interest in riding with an old man who's still a die-hard mountain biker? If you want to check my background, I'm active in Minnesota Off Road Cyclists (MORCmtb.org), and you can find me most readily in the Forums - Twin Cities Area Trails - Minnesota River Bottoms.

Don Youngdahl dmy@visi.com

Obviously Single
    I will be around at that time, but the weather is hard to predict. It can be decent weather, or it can be a frozen monsoon. Just no telling yet.

Tillamook Forest is one possibility, and only about an hour west of Portland. Some of the trails out there, like the Wilson River Trail, get little use and so stand up to rain fairly well in the winter. But if it's raining hard it can be really raining harder out there, so there's no telling.

When it's really totally wet I often resort to the gravel and paved roads around my house, in the country. It may not be single track, but there are few cars, nice views, and it keeps me in shape. Bottom line, there's always something to ride. Bring fenders and rain gear ... just in case.
    The Lee-Man

A witty saying proves nothing. -- Voltaire