Calm like a Bomb

Visiting Portland 11/20 -11/28..Bike Help

So I will be staying in portland during this week and want to find a good shop I can rent a MTB bike from and a trail not to far away. Can anyone recommend some good shops with good rental bikes and trails to ride

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

Hmm

Quote Originally Posted by stunzeed
    So I will be staying in portland during this week and want to find a good shop I can rent a MTB bike from and a trail not to far away. Can anyone recommend some good shops with good rental bikes and trails to ride
    Fat Tire Farm is probably your best bet. Forest Park is a toxic mud bowel but you can get a ride in there close to the Fat Tire Farm (they can direct you).

Jaybo

Calm like a Bomb
    How about Powell Butte Nature Park Mountain Bike Trail

Metalheadbikerider

It' closed

Quote Originally Posted by stunzeed
    How about Powell Butte Nature Park Mountain Bike Trail
    due to the rain. You could rent a bike at Fat Tire Farm, and then get some reliable directions to the trail network in Scappoose, or hit the Coastal Range (Wilson River Trail or Gales Creek). Scappy is about a 15 minute drive from FTF, and the Coastal Range trails are about an hour away. You can always post on here and see if someone can ride with you, or try posting on the Northwest Trail Alliance website for ride partners. nw-trail.org
    Cheers.
    Support mtb'ing in the Portland area, join NWTA with your dollars, hands, and/or voice. nw-trail.org

Calm like a Bomb
    Quote Originally Posted by free-agent
    due to the rain. You could rent a bike at Fat Tire Farm, and then get some reliable directions to the trail network in Scappoose, or hit the Coastal Range (Wilson River Trail or Gales Creek). Scappy is about a 15 minute drive from FTF, and the Coastal Range trails are about an hour away. You can always post on here and see if someone can ride with you, or try posting on the Northwest Trail Alliance website for ride partners. nw-trail.org
    Cheers.

Sounds good, I think I rode scapoose. Is that place up near where their is a logging compound or something? I thought I rode there and remember allot of lumber trucks coming through