mtbr member
    Mar 2009

visiting klamath falls end o June - where to MTB?

howdy all mtb-geeks, da Misses and I are visiting klamath falls, got a day to ride out & back, would like to find a trail ride-able from downtown area.

We're renting a car from Nor.Cal. No rack, will day rent mtb from Hutch's. Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    May 2008

kf trails

Hey,

June should be nice for riding. Dusty. Hutch's just get a new rental fleet for the upcoming riding season...Giant Anthem Advanced I do believe. check out the yahoo group klamathfallsbikescene for a trail map....it isn't that up to date but will give some trails to ride. A good loop from downtown is from Hutch's head west on main st and take a right after the river up the paved hill past the school. There will be a trail head on the right. From there ride past the green gate to the first trail on the right which will head down the powerline. Go as far as you can go until there is private property and take Sidewinder which skirts the side of the hill facing the park/lake. Take this all the way to the gravel road. Cross the gravel road for a eazy climb to another green gate. take a right on the pavement an an imediate right on the dirt. Nice climb here. Should see a sign for Linda's. follow up and up untill there is a right @ a big juniper tree. This is Mudd's trail...there is a sign....take this to 5 Gallon until it pops out on a rocky decent. take a right that will spit you out in Moore Park. For more Head to Scratch or back to downtown.

It's impossible to get lost riding up there because of the landmarks(the Lake, River, Hills)

Have fun! Group rides on Wednesdays @ 6 from Hutchs....

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    ur my hero anti hero, spoke w- truman @ hutchs today about the new shipment of rental bikes coming soon. looking forward to it. thanks for the info.