mtbr member

Visiting Hood River...where to rent a downhill bike and where to ride?

I did a little searching but the only thread I saw was like 2 years old. Some one told me Discovery bikes is a place to rent bikes. Can I take mass transportation or do bike shops do group trips from the town of Hood River? Any help would be appreciated!
    "Heavens, it appears my weewee has been stricken with rigamortis" Stewie from Family Guy

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

You can ride to

Quote Originally Posted by IDIDADIRTY
    I did a little searching but the only thread I saw was like 2 years old. Some one told me Discovery bikes is a place to rent bikes. Can I take mass transportation or do bike shops do group trips from the town of Hood River? Any help would be appreciated!
    Post Canyon from downtown Hood River. The guys are Discovery will point you in the right direction. Discovery and Mountain View are two places you can rent bikes. I have no idea which one is better or worse. You might even find a local who could take you out for a ride as I never buy squat from them.

Jaybo

Formerly of Kent
    As one of two sponsored riders for Disco, here's my shameless plug:

Go to Disco. They have some bomb ass bikes. Not sure if it's checked out for tomorrow or not, but they have a pretty nice SC Nomad with a dual crown fork in the demo/rental fleet right now.

And yes, Post is definitely within riding distance. However, a new shuttle service just started up, and I believe this is their first weekend of operation. The two guys running the show are awesome, and know Post (they've built a LOT of it) like the back of their respective hands.

www.ridedivision.com

Tell them Andy sent you.
    Last edited by Le Duke; 07-04-2009 at 12:51 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Good job!

+1 for Disco; drop in, grab a bike and a map, and you're golden

Also, if you're going to be in the area over the weekend give Mt Hood Skibowl a shot. They're got a couple of lifts and nice trails, but the gnarly downhill portion is only open on weekends. I was just up there on a Norco Six and had a blast.