menace to myself & others
    Aug 2005

Visiting Ashland this weekend. I have questions

I'm gonna be staying in Ashland this weekend, and I assumed that it will be too wet to ride trails. But now I'm not sure, and if there's riding to be had, I'd like to have some.

1) are conditions going to be good enough to ride trails there this weekend?

2) Bike rental recommendations?

3) Groups I can ride with or other ways to learn the trails? Maps?

(For reference, I'm an sport-to-expert 40ish rider from Northern California)

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    There are always trails rideable here - the ground absorbs water really well.
    I don't know who rents mountain bikes, but i would ask at Ashland Cycle Sport first.
    All bike shops have trail maps, or you can just look for someone with a bike between the plaza and the bandshell in Lithia park - lots of people park there and ride. The upper loop road will be too snowy, but everything from Lamb Saddle down will be fine, and you could probably ride Hitt Rd if you don't mind riding thru a little snow at the top
    Just ask at a shop... and have a great visit!

menace to myself & others
    Aug 2005
    Thanks for the tips! If I can kick this cold, I'll check this stuff out.

Leave it all on the trail
    Ashland Mountain Adventures

Ashland Mountain Adventures

They're schedule is a bit unique for the winter, but I do believe they have a demo fleet. Plus they do lots for the community and riding scene up there. Nice folks!
    Ride. Dig. Party.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Siskiyou Cyclery also rents mtb's. Any of the shops can easily point you to some trails. The forecast is for rain and snow down to 2,000' starting Friday pm.

You may get lucky and get a weather window to get a great ride in.

Enjoy!
    Tight + Twisty = Tasty
    Earn your turns!