Thread: Umpqua?

mtbr member
    May 2008

Umpqua?

Anyone been to Umpqua in the past couple weeks? Heading down on Thursday for the first time. Looking for a little trail/camping/hot spring beta. Sh!t, it's 105 did I say "hot spring"?

Heard the trail was thick with skeeters a few weeks ago. Any word on overall trail conditions? Any words are greatly appreciated!

G

mtbr member
    It's always thick with skeeters around the reservoir but usually fine once you get away from there. Bruce was telling me it was in great shape as of about a month ago now. There's a high water area on Dread & Terror but other than that and the usual issues it's good to go from what I hear.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    We rode everything but Tioga over 4th of July weekend (almost as hot as it is now). Upper sections were great and the washout on Dread and Terror is easy to get through. The lower sections have lots of poison oak, which is why we stopped riding after Mott. I wouldn't worry about it if I could wear long pants, but that's tough when the temps are in triple digits.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Highway 138 is closed at least for the night from Susan Creek to Steamboat due to a wildfire near Bogus Creek.
    The Riverview Trail, also known as Road 4710-480, is closed.
    http://www.inciweb.org/incident/1763/

The middle of Tioga is closed for a month while they re-route the trail around the damaged portions.
    Last edited by mwpeterson; 07-28-2009 at 09:48 PM.