Thread: Um, Snow?

mtbr member

Um, Snow?

Just dropped some tour-ees off at the 300 Rd below Whoops Trail here in Bend. I know I should not be surprised with the recent weather, but there was snow on the ground! At 300 Road!
    Sadly I had to go back to the office, as the dirt was all packed in and the conditions looked awesome. Bummer snow means the season is drawing to an end - what an awesome riding season this has been!!!!!!
    I love snow, but can we work something out so it just does this light dusting, pack the dust in thing all winter so we can ride? Imagine a winter ride around Waldo, up Fuji Mountain, on Flagline, even Phil's Canyon... end of riding season dreaming....
    Cog Wild Mountain Bike Tours
    Sponsored by Deschutes Brewery!!

DOD Member
    I look forward to the changing seasons. I am really hoping to have a big snow year so we can soak the woods, fill the reservoirs and rivers, and have lots of deep snow ski days! On the wet side, we have low elevation trails we can ride all year and I am looking forward to riding in the mud! I will miss the high trails.....Maybe this weekend would be a good time to try Waldo, Fuji ect....with some snow on the trail before it gets too deep..hmmm.
    MaxSteel

mtbr member
    Damn, this weekend would be a great time to ride Fuji, I love that ride! Saturday is a huge work party for the Lair here in Bend, the brand new Freeride area that is going in West of town, so that is out. And then Sunday is trail work day for me out in the Ochocos getting ready for Big Fat. So no go. But what a good idea! Damn again!
    Cog Wild Mountain Bike Tours
    Sponsored by Deschutes Brewery!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Couple years ago I rode Waldo in the first week of November. There was about an inch of fresh snow on the ground, just enough to make everything beautiful but not enough to affect traction. Ended in the dark with the snow glistening off my lights. One of the best....rides....evah!!

I'm already looking forward to some skiing. Max, we gotta get up there some time -- I want to see if you're as good on the slopes as you are on the swing!

Tree Hugger
    Last time I rode Waldo in the snow was the coldest, most miserable ride ever. It's only fun if you are properly prepared with waterproof leggings and gloves.
    I love mankind - it's people I can't stand. ~Charles M. Schulz

Nat
    Solo contendre
    I was able to ride up Swede Ridge just Tuesday, no snow then. I did get sleeted on today riding the DRT though.

I say, "bring on the powder!" I picked up my Bachy lift pass today and am hot to snowboard.

Singletrack Addict
    I just bought a cross bike a week ago. Already have 100.7 miles on her. Lovin' it and plan on long wet road rides all winter!