mtbr member
    Apr 2007

T'winks/Funner connector?

So, I just rode up Funner and down T'winks. About 3/4 of the way down T'winks where you dump out onto a service road, I saw a trail to the left so I took it, but I think I also saw a brown FS marker pointing straight down the road. Somehow I ended up on Funner just before the last batch of features and berms before the Storm King intersection - right where the "Funner" sign is nailed to a tree. On that connector trail, I don't think I even saw another tire tread. It looked even newer than T'w/F.

Just curious, because when I was heading up Funner I was kind a bummed that I was going to miss riding down that section. So, is that a new connector, or was I just completely bonking and totally out of my mind? I s'pose both are possible.

- Jeff

Let's roll.
    I saw that new section of trail too...didn't take it though. There is a sign, but it's actually pointing to the right. Take that right, go up the road about 50 yards, and you'll see Twinks continue on the left side of the road.

That is a new connector trail, because it wasn't there a few months ago. I also noticed a new trail at the top of Twinks.

Also noticed that there's a whole new section of Funner! Basically removes the last fire road descent after the log ride section. Very cool.

Thanks, COTA!
    Bend, Oregon. Proof you don't have to die to get to heaven.

mtbr member
    Jeff.

That trail you describe off of T'winks ...that's a user-built moto trail, if I understand what you're talking about. So you road the double track section of T'winks, down past the powerline and onto the 700rd. Where our trail signage points to the right you turned left onto the moto trail and ended up at the top of the canyon on Funner.

Not part of the mtn bike system.

There's a lot of moto user trails in that area, some older than others. The one you rode is relatively new.

Its important to note that COTA is not taking over the moto-system, but building new trails where the Forest Service has told us to go...there's some info on that on the forums on the COTA site if moto access concerns you I encourage you to check it out.