mtbr member
    Apr 2013

Travelling to Bend - advice needed

Hi everyone,

I will recently [August] travel to Bend [from Sydney, Australia] to spend a month with my sister.

I'll be taking my bike with me and wanted to start compiling some info on must do trails in the area.

I'm an intermediate to advanced XC/all mountain rider. Happy to do tracks that are anything from 10km to 100km long [6 to 60mi I think]. I currently ride three to 4 times a week, usual 'training loop' is 18 miles. I don't really enjoy getting both wheels off the ground by more than a foot, but i'm happy with steep descents and don't shy away from a climb, if it means there's a nice single-track decent on the other side!

If you would like to guide me on a ride or two that would also be awesome and really appreciated.

Thanks,

Alberto

Nat
    Solo contendre
    You're in for a treat. August in Bend opens up just about all of the trails, so you'll have hundreds of miles from which to pick. By that time of year the higher elevation trails are my favorite.

There are dozens of old threads discussing the local's favorite trails in Bend. Try searching "Bend trails" or something similar. Here is one of them but there are several more:

4 days in Bend, Where to ride?

If you're going to be here a month though and can ride 100Km at a time you'll be able to ride nearly everything.
    Last edited by Nat; 04-01-2013 at 08:19 AM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    You're lucky to be in Bend in August! August and September are the best riding months in Central Oregon. McKenzie River Trail, North Fork/Metolius/Flagline, Waldo Lake will all be pristine during your visit.

Shameless Plug.....check out our Meetup Group. You're invited to sign up and join us for some riding during your visit!

Bend Area Cycling Enthusiasts (BACE) (Bend, OR) - Meetup

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Thanks Nat and Epic.

I sign up to the meetup group for sure - maybe we can hit some tracks together later in the year!

A