Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Trails to avoid when wet?

3K views 27 replies 10 participants last post by  Hoban 
#1 ·
Been itching to hit some new stuff since I recently got a higher travel FS. What are the trails that I should avoid when wet? Or at least until there's a dry spell?

I've only recently been to Brown's Camp and Sandy Ridge in the wet. I want to try out Post Canyon, Blackrock, 3 Corner Rock, etc. but not sure what to avoid when wet. Thanks for the input!

#4 ·
Just my $.02. In western oregon, rain isn't an issue in fall/winter. The trails are actually at their best after fall storms, like right now. It's the spring, when things warm up and soften that the bad mud/ruts show up. Central Oregon seems to have slightly different program. Bottom line--there's no trails I'd purposely avoid for mud right now

#14 ·
Brown's Camp/HHT is not a good one when wet. The trail was not built with MTBing in mind and drains poorly in many areas. ODF is making good repairs and retrofits in some areas. If you ride in the wet in the Tilly Forest, best to ride WRT. Or go check out the riding out of Rheer's Camp.

#25 ·
I was out for a trail run on Saturday and was pretty surprised with how nice the Post Canyon trails looked. Ran lower 8 track and The Boot. This will change quickly when we get more rain later this week. Lots of stuff re-opening, including Twin Peaks. Would not ride within 2-3 days of rain, but if we get another multi-day dry spell, it is worth a look.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.