MattSavage

Trail east of Black Butte...

Anyone know the name of the trail that crosses Hwy 20, about a mile or so east of Black Butte Ranch? It cuts through the clearing on the south side of the highway and crosses, continuing north I assume. Is that Green Ridge?
    "I wrote a hit play! What have you ever done?!"

Have Ashtray, Will Travel....

mtbr member
    I think you're talking about The Metolios Windigo trail. The section from the hwy south is very heavily used by horses. North of there it is ridable but you have to connect on doubletrack from the highway to the next trailhead.

meatier showers
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon
    I think you're talking about The Metolios Windigo trail. The section from the hwy south is very heavily used by horses. North of there it is ridable but you have to connect on doubletrack from the highway to the next trailhead.
    Yeah, that's MW Trail.

--Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

Afric Pepperbird
    Green Ridge, a nice out and back I've not done in 10 years, is east off of Forest Road 11, near the Black Butte Summit trailhead road. I really must get back out there again next year.

Is the old fire lookout tower still up there?

MattSavage
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    Yeah, that's MW Trail.

--Sparty
    Cool, that's what I was wondering as well... So it links up with Peterson Ridge and Trail 99 and all that back there.

I've never ridden anything west or north of sisters, I'll have to check it out this summer.

That could be a pretty cool epic from Bend, up over to Sisters, BBR, up to Hoodoo and somehow down into the Mckenzie... I wonder how doable that is...?
    "I wrote a hit play! What have you ever done?!"

Have Ashtray, Will Travel....

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by mattsavage
    Cool, that's what I was wondering as well... So it links up with Peterson Ridge and Trail 99 and all that back there.

I've never ridden anything west or north of sisters, I'll have to check it out this summer.

That could be a pretty cool epic from Bend, up over to Sisters, BBR, up to Hoodoo and somehow down into the Mckenzie... I wonder how doable that is...?
    Metolious Windigo is trail #99. Goes from Camp Sherman to Windigo Pass (south of Crescent Lake), more than 100 miles.

It is possible to do the route you mentioned mostly on dirt. The trails/roads exist.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

meatier showers
    Quote Originally Posted by dirt farmer
    Green Ridge, a nice out and back I've not done in 10 years, is east off of Forest Road 11, near the Black Butte Summit trailhead road. I really must get back out there again next year.

Is the old fire lookout tower still up there?
    Yes, the lookout tower on Green Ridge is still there. You can rent it in the off-season.

--Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas