mtbr member

Too much snow on Burma Peak today

I couldn't make it to the top today. No single track for me.
    Looking over to 1923 from 1920.
    http://www.pwctoday.com/attachment.p...0&d=1142211803
    Looking down 1920 from the top of the top clear cut.
    http://www.pwctoday.com/attachment.p...1&d=1142211803
    My new friend, Kevin, on 1920 at the top clear cut.
    http://www.pwctoday.com/attachment.p...2&d=1142211803
    Start off slow & taper off from there.

mtbr member

Your pics are broken, Jerry.

subject line says it all...
    Beer has food value. Food has no beer value.

Tree Hugger
    Yeah, I found Whypass had lots more snow than I expected. Average of 3-4 inches in the woods, and maybe 6-8 inches on the gravel roads. It was alot of work, but damn fun.
    I love mankind - it's people I can't stand. ~Charles M. Schulz

mtbr member
    Rode in Mac Forest on Saturday.. there was ~6+ inches anywhere above 1000', The lowest trail at dallas (Tanglewood) starts above 1200' at the Red Berm.

Expert Pushing SSer

Oh, pick me!

I had too much snow out at the Silver Creek Falls yesterday. There was a lot of iced over snow on the forest roads. I got to the singletrack and it was +/- 12-18-inches of powder which did not allow much for floatation. Could have been the narrow 1.95's I had on

I was thinking there would be more "slop" like conditions, hence the tire choice. I was using too tall of a gear too (34:19). Too tall for me anyways.
    Tuff Schist

mtbr member
    Sasquatch , Brandon , & Meat Foot Let's see your pics. Matt, I know you got some.
    Start off slow & taper off from there.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryBoneJr
    Sasquatch , Brandon , & Meat Foot Let's see your pics. Matt, I know you got some.
    No Pics here. We rode Thursday night while it was still snowing big wet heavy flakes. It's interesting the flash of light you get back off an big flake when it passes close to the lens on an HID..... Iced up the gears and ended up SS'ing in the one gear that was working until we dropped below the snow line and thawed out. Saturday we took the SS'es anticipating the snowy conditions. Mac forest has a lot of traffic so we didn't have to break trail much on Saturday, we went a bit late (11:30) so things weren't icy. Yesterday we hit the road, went out through Jefferson, up to Salem hit Kuebler and headed West (There's one heck of a steep grade at the West end of Kuebler) to get to River Rd, over to Independence, back down Buena Vista and into Albany, I had 68 miles or so for the day. The roads were pretty sucky though.. From Jefferson North to Salem had pretty bad pavement and no shoulder.. and Buena vista has rough chipseal on it.

Tree Hugger
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryBoneJr
    Actually, I didnt use my camera yesterday, but Mudflaps and Da Gooch toke some shots. Here's the link

Whypass in the Snow
    I love mankind - it's people I can't stand. ~Charles M. Schulz

Expert Pushing SSer
    Found one! This is the road that boarders Silver Creek Falls and Shelburg Falls. It was brisk out. The crowds were "light". I saw a ranger in his 4x4 cruising along that was it. The snow was much deeper and fluffier off the road.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tuff Schist