Singletrack Addict

TMobil in Oakridge

[SPAM_ALERT]

If you are a T-Mobil customer frustrated with lack of coverage in Oakridge, contact them and make a request for coverage.

Short story: I am up to my waist in TMobil and I'll be dancing with the date I brung. I know other service providers have coverage in OROR, so I got on the horn with mine to see what the prospects were. What TMobil lacks in coverage, they make up for in charming southern belles named Angela to patiently answer my questions and make reasonable suggestions.

Frequenting Oakridge from Portland as much as I can get away with, I want coverage while in the area and I'm sure there are others suffering along with TMobil that are jealous when their pals have coverage through other providers. Not to mention that with big events like the Cascade Cream Puff and Mountain Bike Oregon lots of folks from out of town and out of state will be out of luck and won't be able to send phone pics of smiling exhausted faces with their new finishers hats.

Among Angela's helpful suggestions was to put in a request for service. The engineers weigh their priorities of where to apply coverage based on demand. Who knows, if they get enough people squeeking about coverage in some old logging town in Oregon, we just might get coverage in time for August MBO.

Thanks,
    Charlie
    T-Mobil customer since 2001

[/SPAM_ALERT}

Afric Pepperbird
    I love Spam, either mixed in with scrambled eggs and veggies, or as a BLT (the "B" being replaced by spam), or diced up in my favorite Mac and Cheese!

That's good eatin'!

mtbr member
    So let me get this straight.... you can't get annoying calls or emails while out riding sweet single track? I fail to see the problem.... unless of course you are injured, but that's why you have a riding buddy.

Singletrack Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Bob
    So let me get this straight.... you can't get annoying calls or emails while out riding sweet single track? I fail to see the problem.... unless of course you are injured, but that's why you have a riding buddy.
    That's still a little crooked.

I don't expect to get a signal anywhere beyond the immediate vicinity of the town of Oakridge, but I would like to get annoying calls and emails after riding sweet singletrack. I live ijn Portland so when I ride OROR it's usually at least an over-nighter. This weekend it will be four days and three nights at Mountain Bike Oregon and having occasional contact with the wife and three kids is the primary reason.

It's a long-term goal though, hence the spam

Making fat cool since '71
    Leave a mint on my pillow and you can use my miserable Sprint phone at Greenwaters, or on Tire Mt, or Winberry.

Brock...
    Are the wheels roundish? Ride it.

Disciples Of Dirt, come ride with us.

ronbo613
    The Pony Express stops in Oakridge every day except Sunday.

Tree Hugger
    Verizon Rocks! I get great coverage throughout Oakridge, and free calls on weekends, so come find me in the beeer garden.
    I love mankind - it's people I can't stand. ~Charles M. Schulz

mtbr member
    Why don't you guys ride road bikes? There is NOTHING more annoying than having guys on a ride that constantly feel the need to answer their ringing phones or talk to 'honey' mid ride.

Making fat cool since '71
    Nah, I think folks with zero sense of humor or trail etiquette are a bit more annoying than doods on phones while on trail...emoticons are a close second though.

Brock...
    Are the wheels roundish? Ride it.

Disciples Of Dirt, come ride with us.

Singletrack Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaKlyde
    Nah, I think folks with zero sense of humor or trail etiquette are a bit more annoying than doods on phones while on trail...emoticons are a close second though.

Brock...
    Not to mention folks who respond to posts without reading them through.

mangai.rollin
    Amen Charlie! Any specific advice from your southern belle on making a service request, or do I just root around the t-mobile web site?
    '10 Ibis Mojo SL
    www.mangai-rollin.com We are hiring
    pdx mtb

mudnthebloodnthebeer
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Muesl

[SPAM_ALERT]

I like mine over rice with Caravelle sauce and a fried egg on the side.
    Also, the streets are full of horizontal dropouts...

BSNYC