Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: OldHouseMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,116

    Three Corner Rock - Dicovery Pass?

    How close can I get to the TH with my car and not pay for the Disco Pass? I assume the pass is required once I leave the pavement on the Washougal River RD. Or, where in the Washougal area can I purchse the pass?
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    273
    Pretty much any parking area near the Washougal River that would be considered access would require it. I purchased one outside of Washougal at gas station on the right side, a few miles before the gravel started.
    2011 Santa Cruz Blur LTc
    2005 KHS DJ200
    2005 Rocky Mountain ETSX-70 (stolen)

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,262
    At 3 Corner and Tarbell I only night ride due to the disco pass scam. So far (knocks on wood), no tickets. My reasoning is that there is very low to no possibility that a DNR ranger, being a state employee, will be working after 5:00 pm.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    983
    I like your style Vancbiker!!! OHM, I have been parking across the street from the hatchery. I know that's a bit of road, but the first set of switchbacks feel pretty good with the warm-up. The last "official" that I had the pleasure (kidding) of speaking with related that anywhere from Dougan Falls on will get you a ticket. On a funny note, on my last trip to the Capital Forest I put a 5 spot under the wiper just in case... it was still there. I noted that it was an Oregon DNR pass.
    Master of Laundry...Lord of Cleaning!

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    239
    It's only $30-35 a year and helps support our desperate national forest situation. How much is gas to get out there from PDX even? Or what is that compared to your fancy smancy carbon bikes?

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: OldHouseMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,116
    Quote Originally Posted by Vancbiker View Post
    At 3 Corner and Tarbell I only night ride due to the disco pass scam. So far (knocks on wood), no tickets. My reasoning is that there is very low to no possibility that a DNR ranger, being a state employee, will be working after 5:00 pm.
    I've always thought 3CR would be a good night ride. I've never done it though.

    Quote Originally Posted by poppa#1 View Post
    I like your style Vancbiker!!! OHM, I have been parking across the street from the hatchery. I know that's a bit of road, but the first set of switchbacks feel pretty good with the warm-up. The last "official" that I had the pleasure (kidding) of speaking with related that anywhere from Dougan Falls on will get you a ticket. On a funny note, on my last trip to the Capital Forest I put a 5 spot under the wiper just in case... it was still there. I noted that it was an Oregon DNR pass.
    Thanks, I was hoping to avoid the extra miles (I know, I'm lazy) and save my legs for skiing on Sunday. I may give the hatchery parking a try anyway and suck it up on Sunday.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,262
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBaker View Post
    It's only $30-35 a year and helps support our desperate national forest situation. How much is gas to get out there from PDX even? Or what is that compared to your fancy smancy carbon bikes?
    IMO it is just another government proscam to rake more money off the citizenry to feed a bloated bureaucracy. I choose to not participate.

    Quote Originally Posted by OldHouseMan
    I've always thought 3CR would be a good night ride. I've never done it though
    Other than being uphill both ways, it is a fine night ride.

Similar Threads

  1. Red Rock Pass Status
    By mtnbkaz in forum Arizona
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 11-26-2012, 10:50 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-08-2012, 08:36 PM
  3. 3-Corner Rock
    By jmeldrum26 in forum Oregon
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-17-2012, 10:00 PM
  4. 3 Corner Rock conditions?
    By free-agent in forum Oregon
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 09-26-2011, 11:57 AM
  5. Sedona Red Rock Pass Meeting 3-1-2011
    By Chalkpaw in forum Arizona
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-03-2011, 06:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •