Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    swag ho Administrator

Thank you for MBO!

My MBO experience was perfect this year. The stars just aligned right? The first-timers in my crew were absolutely floored and will back for sure!!!

I met more Oregon guys so thanks for being so accomodating. As we say in Norcal, you guys have it hella good.

I have some photos here:
    MBOwwwwww

Please post some there too.

Randy, Paula, Ben, Shiggy, Jason, Matt, Al B, Abe, Wes, Sparticus.... see you all next year or hopefully sooner.

Wes, I gave your pint glass to everyone else since I never saw you drinking. Abe, lay off the left hand now!

fc
    IPA will save America

swag ho Administrator
    Oh, I have bad news too. I have a loaner Trek Remedy that I brought up for a friend, Kyle since his bike crapped out on his way to Whistler.

Anyway, Kyle loved the bike all weekend but left it at the Beer Corral parking at about 11:30 Saturday night. It was a brain fart to leave it there. When he went back to retrieve it in the morning, it was gone. We went through all the search and the motions but it was not to be found.

It's hard to assume the worst but I think reality has set in that it is stolen. Kyle has contacted the bike shop and is filing a police report today.

Anyway, be on the lookout for the white and black 2008 Remedy 9. It has a big scratch on the top tube near the seatpost.

album:
    http://picasaweb.google.com/fcebedo/...HoieOmjM_0xAE#

fc
    Last edited by francois; 08-24-2009 at 11:36 AM.
    IPA will save America

mtbr member

Fair enough

Quote Originally Posted by francois
    Wes, I gave your pint glass to everyone else since I never saw you drinking. Abe, lay off the left hand now!

fc

That's fair. I was a little under the weather this time. So I apologize to all my drinking buddies. I promise to step up and set the "get drunk" pace next year.

Wes

mangai.rollin
    Francis, It was great meeting you and your crew!
    .matthew
    '10 Ibis Mojo SL
    www.mangai-rollin.com We are hiring
    pdx mtb

swag ho Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadWrong
    That's fair. I was a little under the weather this time. So I apologize to all my drinking buddies. I promise to step up and set the "get drunk" pace next year.

Wes
    It was good seeing you man. The only one missing was Boyd!

My one and only crash was when you called me while I was riding away at registration. I did a quick u-turn on the gravel and promptly ate it!! If it weren't for my gloves, my hand would have gotten skinned. cya!

How come most of ya 'used to live in norcal'? Hmm....

fc
    IPA will save America

mtbr member

Sorry about that

It was great seeing you and your crew as well. The MBO weekends are always a lot of fun and it's because of the great people that show up. Sorry about making you crash, you handled it well.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    How come most of ya 'used to live in norcal'? Hmm....

fc
    Not me! Eugene is the worst place for mtbingI have lived!
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

My MBO experience was perfect this year. The stars just aligned right? The first-timers in my crew were absolutely floored and will back for sure!!!

I met more Oregon guys so thanks for being so accomodating. As we say in Norcal, you guys have it hella good.

I have some photos here:
    MBOwwwwww

Randy, Paula, Ben, Shiggy, Jason, Matt, Al B, Abe, Wes, Sparticus.... see you all next year or hopefully sooner.

fc
    Ewes welcome!

Next time we may show you the good stuff if you can stay a little longer.

Will keep a lookout forth Trek.
    mtbtires.com

Ya Darn Tootin'!
    Ok. Ok. I'll lay off the left hand......... and promptly get started with the right hand!

As always.......Good to see you and the crew. Maybe next year I can keep it under control and stay off the DL. See ya'll next year!

-abe

Insanity later
    It was good seeing you man. The only one missing was Boyd!

fc
    Nice to hear I was missed Francios. I have good memories of riding with you all a few years back. I'll be there again next year, if only to teach Abe and Wes how to drink.

swag ho Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Now
    Nice to hear I was missed Francios. I have good memories of riding with you all a few years back. I'll be there again next year, if only to teach Abe and Wes how to drink.
    Ok, I shall save you the coveted Log On shirt and Hop On (calibrated) pint glass. I almost demanded a refund when I discovered you weren't around! Except Randy was out of high fives.

Please teach that Abe guy proper technique when riding a hybrid bike on a bike path. And Wes man, needs double IPA chugging techniques. Although Eric da driver did represent you guys well at our Downieville drinking contests. He said, "I will only join your puny drinking contests if I can use my Deschuttes Stout instead of your PBR."

fc
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Thanks for coming again this year and all your support over the years
    I get ride Alpine on Tuesday only my 6th ride of the summer because of a injury
    See you at Interbike

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    fc
    It was great to see you guys there. You bring a GREAT energy. Thank you very much for the Log On T-Shirt and MTBeeR pint glass. I will fill them often!

Sorry to hear about that beautiful bike. I actually did the same thing last year with my own bike; luckily no one wanted a custom made rigid, watery blue SS with all sparkly-silver components with a rattle-canned-silver rigid fork bad enough. Thank garsh.

It's a small town... it won't be able to hide if its local. And since I love Remedies so much, I've got 'Remedar'.

-Christa

mtbr member

Photo edit.....

Quote Originally Posted by Wreckless
    It was great to see you guys there. You bring a GREAT energy. Thank you very much for the Log On T-Shirt and MTBeeR pint glass. I will fill them often!

-Christa
    I second what Christa said, but I will say it again. You and your crew brought great energy to MBO. I'm anxious to slay trail with you all again.

My attempt at guiding and taking pictures was poor at best, but here are a few of Friday's "Epic" ride.

P.S. Francis, thanks for the log on T-shirt. Much appreciated!

Cheers,
    Big J
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member

I have some photos here:
    MBOwwwwww

fc
    Thanks for the pint glass... bet you didn't even know who I was

DWlink Fanboy
    Dec 2006

GPS logs, elevation profiles, videos, and some pictures

MBO was a blast! I can't wait to go back next year. I'll also try to post in the Oregon forum first, next year.

Here's a link to the excellent adventures I enjoyed while at MBO:
    http://forums.mtbr.com/california-norcal/mbowwwwww-549227-post6039810.html

Albert
    Last edited by newenglandrocks; 08-25-2009 at 11:52 AM.

swag ho Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon
    Thanks for the pint glass... bet you didn't even know who I was
    Who are you? Where you the one talking to me at the shuttle shower?

The way I saw it, if you had a smile on your face and an mtbr post count higher than 1, you get a pint glass. If you got both, that means you're hella awesome.

fc
    IPA will save America

mtbr member

Bring it!

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Now
    We are ready for the lesson. Bring it on. BTW, is this how we get a hold of you now?

The way I saw it, if you had a smile on your face and an mtbr post count higher than 1, you get a pint glass. If you got both, that means you're hella awesome.

fc
    Do it get 30,000 pint glasses?
    mtbtires.com

Mini-bike crit finals
    mtbtires.com

swag ho Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    Mini-bike crit finals
    That is Jeff from San Jose. Incredible rider who rolls around in that white converted mega-bus.

He done good stepping up with the $420 and it turns out he gave nice rack to the super happy future health food store gal.

fc
    IPA will save America

That is Jeff from San Jose. Incredible rider who rolls around in that white converted mega-bus.

He done good stepping up with the $420 and it turns out he gave nice rack to the super happy future health food store gal.

fc
    I wondered about that bus! The rack would look silly on it.

Catrine, the women's winner, is a lot of fun
    mtbtires.com

Ebo
    mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Hey Boyd....our group was a no show this year again. Next year I'l bring up Kathy, Carol, Jack and the rest of the crew. Too much drinking going on without us being there. Where are you living now? ...Del Boca VIsta with the Costanza's!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6jrwzYGUoA
    Last edited by Ebo; 08-25-2009 at 03:57 PM.

swag ho Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    I wondered about that bus! The rack would look silly on it.

Catrine, the women's winner, is a lot of fun
    Maan, I was going to give all the ladies Log On shirts but I ran out of size XXXS .

Who was that fine individual who kept flashing us Sat. night?

fc
    IPA will save America

mtbr member

fc
    I was there when you tried to give a glass to Randy, he didn't want it so you gave it to me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast