Thread: Thank You COTA

VP/ Terrain Designer

Thank You COTA

I would like to officially thank the Board of Directors, of the Central Oregon Trail Alliance; for their years of guidance, and putting up with my trail and jump building shinanigans.
    I greatly appreciate all that the organization has done to help educate and train myself in the field of trail building and maintenence. I have decided to step down from the Freeride Coordinators possition in COTA; Joe Trienen is now your new FR Coordinator; Please welcome him to the organization!
    Contrary to popular rumors that I've heard from numerous people; I'm not leaving Bend, I havn't abandoned The Lair, and I havn't turned my back on COTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Whoever you are???? speading these untruthful rumors..... Stop it!
    After years of doing the same thing over and over, and focusing more on trails and jumps, than my own personal goals; I feel its time for myself to take a break, and focus on my own projects.
    I'll still be around riding bikes, helping with the jump areas, and hopefully helping COTA with the bigger picture.... Thank You, to all the individuals who have helped shape The Lair to what it is! It would not have been possible without all the help from volunteers. You are greatly appreciated. Happy Holidays, and a Happy New Year to you all!
    See you on the trails!
    Braun Enterprises LLC, Building Cool Stuff

newfydog
    May 2009
    Hey Nick, thanks for all your work! Without you all the baggy panted young free ride dudes would have nowhere to go and would be all over my trails.

Seriously, you laid down some artwork out there!

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Nick,

Thanks for all your work and time spent on the board. It was fun having you there! You provided a good perspective and have contributed a tremendous amount to the effort. Not to mention the beautiful artistic touches!!

Look forward to seeing you around.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Well said Nick! It was a pleasure working with you over the years, I don't know where I would be if I hadn't come to the Rumps build party those many years ago . Things have progressed a great deal through your efforts over the years, and central Oregon has become a better and better place each year for those of us that enjoy the feeling of our tires in the air. Thanks again for letting me play with the mechanical kitty cat, and I look forward to picking rocks and operating shovels with you down the road. Good luck on your current endeavors, things are looking real good so far and I can't wait to see more of them out there helping feed my biking addiction.

On another note while its still a little early to be talking about this, we will be having the annual Get Off Your Rumps and Build Some Jumps work party sometime this spring. I will get out an update on this as soon as we decide on a date. COTA's monthly membership meetings also start up again in January, so please check the website for that info [IMG]http://http://cotamtb.com/[/IMG] . The meeting is open to anyone that is interested, and we would love to have you. If anyone has any questions or comments for me please feel free to send me a PM, or an email through the COTA website. Have a great winter, hopefully we get some snow soon and I will see you all sometime this spring.

Cheers,
    Joe Treinen

VP/ Terrain Designer
    Thanks guys, it wouldn't have been possible without the help of all the volunteers.
    Hey Joe, we almost have a whole good body between us! LOL
    Braun Enterprises LLC, Building Cool Stuff

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Nick,

Thank you for your dedication and vision. I thought folks might enjoy some photos of what the Lair looked like before all the great work that you and others turned it into a great facility. These are from an early site visit with Kent, Pinner and myself. Sam was all about the rock bluffs and creating very tech drop ins, and I looked at the bowl and said " guys, we need a jump line here". Sam got it started, Nick picked up the project and I am certain the area is in good hands moving forward.

Thanks again Nick, see you in June.

Woody Keen
    Trail Dynamics LLC
    Attached Images Attached Images