Thread: syncline

mtbr member
    Jan 2008

syncline

anyone tell me how much snow has fallen around the white salmon area and if it will be gone by this weekend? interested in riding syncline. thanks

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    We got almost 18 inches here in Hood River and White Salmon last Sat/Sun. It has slowly been melting but they are forcasting rain/snow around here for atleast a few more days. Right now the syncline still has a bunch of snow on it. I would say wait atleast another week if we have good weather.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    have a look for yourself
    Attached Images Attached Images

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

Lower part in a week

You probably will be able to ride Little Moab and Maui in a week depending on if we get anymore snow; however, the uppper parts of Syncline are going to be very blasted for at least a couple weeks or more because there is at least 2 feet of snow on Rattlesnake Ridge. The snow level is going to be very low for a while. It has just been one of those winters.

Jaybo

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    right on. thanks for the information...

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Headed up there this Friday. Is it looking any better? Brown House and lower? Little Moab at least? Thanks for anything ya got. Freaky snowy winter, no?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    It looks like the snow line has retreated up to about 1000 ft. There is still quite a bit of snow up there. It has been raining all week and is supposed to continue. I dont think that you could make it to the Brown House without pushing through a lot of snow. You might be able to make to Little Moab though, it will be muddy.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    good news that snow level is up around 1000ft. i'm not too familiar with syncline. rode up and down the trail at the bottom of the cliff... in the trees. are the trails you reference in the same area, or on top of the ridge? thanks for the update. much appreciated.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    If you continue riding up the old road passed the entrance to the trail that you decribe you will reach the trails on the top of the cliff. It will wrap around the lake and come right up along the cliffs. It is not in the trees and it usually dries out a bit sooner. There is quite a few trails up there and the views are amazing. If it is a nice day there is almost always people out there either hiking or riding so if you get confused they can help you out.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Bt the way, it is a pretty warm day here in Hood River and the sun is making an occasional appearance in between the rain clouds. The snow is going pretty fast especially on that side of the gorge. I might even go out today and see how high I can make it before I reach the snow.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    thanks for the info and update on the snow level.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    visited syncline yesterday. no snow up till around 1500ft.