Thread: Syncline?

Bike Vigilante

Syncline?

Does anyone know what shape Syncline is in now? Maybe headed out there tomorrow.

-Momentum

beautiful noise...

Not sure...

Not sure what kind of ride you're looking for but myself and a few other PUMP riders will be taking a trip up to 3 Corner Rock tomorrow. You're more then welcome to join us! Plan is to meet at Gateway Transit Center at 8am sharp to carpool. Shoot me an e-mail if you'd like more info.

out yo-
    [SIZE="4"]out- guy[/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"]what I do when I'm not riding...[/SIZE]

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

Sounds fun....

I might like to join you. I'm in some raspy shape but like to ride. How far are you going on Three Corner?

I rode Syncline today. It is in good shape but was VERY windy today. The top was essentially unridable due to the wind. Trails are recovering fairly well after getting trashed in the winter due to rain.

Jaybo

beautiful noise...

Wretched indeed!

Don't worry about the shape you're in... You'll fit in just fine! We plan to ride the road up to where the trail crosses then ride the trail back to the cars. All in all about 18mi? Half FS road, half singletrack. There's a river crossing about 5mi into the singletrack and we'll get a little bit wet so bring something dry to change into after the ride. Once again, the plan is to meet at the Gateway Transit Center at 8am! If you click on my name in my sig it's a link to my e-mail, I'll send you my cell number. Hope you can make it!

out yo-

beautiful noise...

no e-mail...

Jay-

Tried to reply to your e-mail but it was bounced back. In any case, sounds good. We'll be in a red Volvo wagon. See you in the morning!

Guy
    Last edited by guyplaysbass; 03-19-2006 at 05:13 PM.

Singletrack Addict

Ride Report?

So how was it? I'm thinking about heading out there tomorrow (Monday). Not sure yet, depends on kids school etc. Definitely riding something, probably X-town noodler-Leif Erickson, etc., but if Three Corner is in good shape and the snow isn't too high, I could be tempted.

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

Thanks for trying....

But, we were up very late last night. We have a Golden Retriever with terminal cancer that is causing us some grief; however, I might be up to it next weekend. I do appreciate the effort...I would like to ride Three Corner Rock again sometime.

Jaybo

beautiful noise...
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Muesl
    if Three Corner is in good shape and the snow isn't too high, I could be tempted.
    Look for something lower! We got about 3mi up the road and no longer had tracks to follow. The snow was about 12" or so at that point. We turned around and went back to the TH, rode up the trail until the snow got too deep, then turned around and bombed back to the car. We made it as far as the shale out-crop, right before it starts to descend down to the big river. Snow was anywhere from patchy in spots to 12" deep. Our last mile was all snow. We only did 14mi total but it feels like a heck of a lot more. That damn snow sucks the life out of ya!!! Good times for sure, but a heck of a lot of work.

Jay-

Next time! Sorry to hear about your dog. I lost one of mine a few years back. Hard as hell. I've lost people that hurt less so my heart goes out to you and yours.

out yo-

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

Sounds fun...

We rode in the snow last fall. I would not want to make staple of it but it is fun.

Next time...post, I would like to join you guys.

Jaybo

PS Yep, Lucy, Golden Retriever, is doing fine now after a Spleenectomy but in a short period of time the cancer will cause a tumor and cause her to bleed out internally. I have learned how to cry again...like a little girl.

Singletrack Addict

Thanks

Not surprised about the snow level. If there's that much that low . . .
    Another day on Leif Erickson it is.

Bike Vigilante

Good job! Syncline was good

Thanks for the invites. We hit up Syncline and it was mostly in great shape. There were a couple of muddy sections up high, and a few tiny spots of snow, but 90% of the trail was perfect firm damp tacky. Sunny and warm without much wind. It looks like there's been a bit of trail work up there recently.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo
    But, we were up very late last night. We have a Golden Retriever with terminal cancer that is causing us some grief; however, I might be up to it next weekend. I do appreciate the effort...I would like to ride Three Corner Rock again sometime.

Jaybo
    Sorry to hear about your dog, if you want to get a fun and quick ride in during the week give me a buzz. Powell Butte was great tonight for a quick, fun 45min afterwork spin at dusk with lights of course.

- Jon.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by momentum
    Thanks for the invites. We hit up Syncline and it was mostly in great shape. There were a couple of muddy sections up high, and a few tiny spots of snow, but 90% of the trail was perfect firm damp tacky. Sunny and warm without much wind. It looks like there's been a bit of trail work up there recently.
    Thanks for the report, I have been deligently staying off the trail for about 3mths to allow for a full recovery up there after the very wet winter. I am going to hopefully slide out of work early this Wed. for a ride up there, can't wait, I love that place. Three Corner and Syncline are definitely my favorite late fall to spring riding places in the area.

- jon.

Always Breaking Stuff
    Sorry to hear about your dog Jay.

I'm under the opinion that 3 corner rock is going to be a tough loop for a while. That creek is going to be mighty full and cold for a long time with all the snow pack we got this year. That said, doing the out and back from the bottom up to the creek is always a good ride. If you need some more time-on-bike you can do it twice .

Since this is a syncline thread that we hijacked I'll throw my $.02 in on that also. We were there on Sunday and it was BEAUTIFUL. I got the beginnings of a glove tan-line going, WAHOO SPRING! There are a few places that are still wet, and it is still freezing there at night, so trail damage is going to happen. The parking lot was packed last weekend so everyone needs to chip in on the trail maintenance if ya can.

On the trail maintenance note, I haven't seen this posted on MTBR anywhere yet... maybe it deserves it's own thread, but since I have no affiliation with these guys I'm just going to post it here (I saw this on PUMP's website first):
    Tarbell area trail maintenance 3/25/06