Thread: Sunday Storm

mtbr member

Sunday Storm

Decided not to ride the last couple of days because of the freezing wind.Now this sidways blizzard is is sooo crazy got to at least ride up to the store for more beer!Sometimes I miss So.Cal.

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

I went to Cascade Locks

Quote Originally Posted by Stevirey
    Decided not to ride the last couple of days because of the freezing wind.Now this sidways blizzard is is sooo crazy got to at least ride up to the store for more beer!Sometimes I miss So.Cal.
    Rode in the snow and freezing wind. Besides my RP3 locking down, I had a good ride. It was a touch cold...

Jaybo

PS SO Cal needs more people . We don't!

mtbr member

snow!

Nothing can stop me now!I'm riding over Powell Butte tomorrow!Got new platform pedals!Sooo much better when the riding is skecthy.Did I mention I just rode to the store in the snow with my new pedals!Cheap Performance Stomp.I love them so far.Way better than being cliped in!May have to wait a while to see how they hold up though.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevirey
    Nothing can stop me now!I'm riding over Powell Butte tomorrow!Got new platform pedals!Sooo much better when the riding is skecthy.Did I mention I just rode to the store in the snow with my new pedals!Cheap Performance Stomp.I love them so far.Way better than being cliped in!May have to wait a while to see how they hold up though.
    Powell Butte was great Sunday am, should be good tomorrow too do to tree protection on the lower trails, drive carefully.

zep
    mtbr member

Scappoose

Sunday AM--Scappoose was dry and cold...31 degrees. Trails in great shape. One other car at the trailhead.

Someone shooting in the area...heard the discharge of rapid-fire shots, on a ridge, just above me. Sounded like a hand gun, but I'm no expert.

Snowing, by the time I got home to Tigard....

mtbr member

Ride?

Ok!The 33 degree rain has stopped me!

mtbr member

Scappoose

Yep. I was out there on Sunday too, around 1pm. The frozen dirt made a very pleasing crunching sound as I rode over it. The gun play was still in effect, and a bit unsettling......I popped out on the dirt road when the first flakes started to fall. Headed back to the car, then started my 90 minute drive home. MLK was like bumper cars at the fair!
    clicky-wrists

Cheezy Rider
    I got a ride in Mac Forest on Saturday...cold but dry, probably the last mud-free ride for a long time. Spent Sunday playing bumper cars with the other Portland drivers.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    California misses you too. Pack up and go home! You can complain about the weather while down there.....................i think I drank too much wine.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Sunday, Falls City, 27 and snowing. Log rides were a little sketchy.