mtbr member

The Summer Ride Fest

Well it's been talked about in numerous post that you all should be making plans to attend this years Summer Ride Fest 06', I figured I better get the official posting out there so you actually knew it was going to happen and what it was about.

Think of it as an un-officiall MTBR Oregon gathering in Oakridge come one, come all, let's go ride our bikes and party.

The Summer Ride Fest 06’ is taking place on July 14, 15 & 16.

The SRF is a fun event with no racing and no entry fee, it is a time to get together and hang out with friends and ride your bike.

What happens at SRF, ever been to Barbie Camp?, the idea is the same, just in the middle of the summer on some of the best trails around.

Group rides, lead by DOD members that know the Oakridge area and are willing to show everyone a great time on awesome singletrack.

Big group camp fire and potluck, this year’s theme “Beach Party” and free camping. So dress up in your best beach outfit and join in on the potluck Saturday night.

What are the logistics?
    Rides: each day numerous rides will be heading out from Epic (50+ miles) to Intermediate (10-15 miles), even some shuttles.

Food: you are on your own but figure on the potluck for Saturday night, bring something to share and grill.

Drink: Bring you’re own and plenty of it.

Camping: the tricky part, this is a campground in progress and we (the DOD along with the land owner) are working on it. There is places to camp but it is more of a disperse site than an actual campground. There will be running water and portable toilets.

So if you are looking for something to do, somewhere to vacation, a fun ride, an epic ride, whatever you want plan it around the SRF. Like I said there is no entry fee but to find out where we will be camping, you need to email me at bikinjoe@rio.com.

Come out and find some trails you didn’t know existed, meet some great people and share the day’s story around the campfire.

Time to Ride,
    General Coonskins
    Aka. Richard
    Just the Pictures

The Shop

The Blog

Time To Ride,
    General Coonskins

mtbr member
    Well Summer went into full swing this past weekend and has really made the trails nice. We are a few short weeks away from SRF 06' and al the trails are clear and ready to ride.

Hope to see some fellow MTBR'ers at the ride.

Richard
    Just the Pictures

The Shop

The Blog

Time To Ride,
    General Coonskins

Tree Hugger
    [QUOTE=General Coonskins]Well Summer went into full swing this past weekend and has really made the trails nice. We are a few short weeks away from SRF 06' and al the trails are clear and ready to ride.

Hope to see some fellow MTBR'ers at the ride.

Richard[/QUOTE

Looking forward to SRF2006. It'll be the perfect way to break in the new Clubhouse.
    What trails are on the agenda for this year's festival?
    I love mankind - it's people I can't stand. ~Charles M. Schulz

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I'm also lookin forward to this years Ridefest.
    Is there actually an Agenda for it?

mtbr member
    Ride, ride, ride, ride, relax, & ride some more.

We are working on what rides to do, but basically count on there being 3-4 rides each day. We will see who shows and what the capabilities are of the riders and make final adjustments from there.

Figure 9am meet times at the Trailhead Cafe for Fri-Sun ride starts, Thursday will be an afternoon fun ride with plenty of swimming and relaxing.

Richard
    Just the Pictures

The Shop

The Blog

Time To Ride,
    General Coonskins

mtbr member

Aloha from the coast

I'm making plans to be there saturday and sunday. Looking forward to some great riding and some new trails. It will be good to get out of my own back yard for some variety. The trails over here on the coast are in great shape but it will sure be nice to sample some new stuff.

happy trails
    Terry

mtbr member

Saturday & Sunday

I'll be staying at my inlaws is Pleasant Hill and will come up in the a.m. for the rides. I consider myself an intermediate rider but I like hangin with the stoners/slackers of ACM fame if that helps with planning. I'll be coming alone but have room for four bikes on my rack and four riders if shuttle help is need for any rides or if anyone needs a ride from P.H. in the am Saturday.

Terry

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

General, general, general

Quote Originally Posted by General Coonskins
    Well it's been talked about in numerous post. un-official MTBR Beach Party shuttles.

Food: you are the potluck for Saturday night. and plenty of it. the tricky part will be running water and portable toilets.

So if you are looking for something to do plan it around the entry fee.
    Man, that's a weird quote. Amazing the things you can do with the delete key.

D@mn you, General, you always plan the SRF around my wife's birthday. But this year is even worse -- we are basically gutting our office and putting in new HVAC, carpet, flooring, doors, etc. We'll be gutting our office on Saturday after work, and on Sunday. That Friday night a buddy and I are playing a 45-minute set at the Coburg Golden Days Festival (or something like that.). So I'm basically screwed. Maybe if we finish early enough on Saturday I can get down there for Saturday night festivities -- oh yeah, and sell a bunch of those DOD coolie cups. If I get there after everyone's had 3 or 4 or 6 beers they should go quickly.

See ya tonight for some ridin'?

mtbr member
    July 14, 15 & 16, that's right This Weekend...

It's looking good for this weekend and there are plenty of rides to go around.

Couple notes:

We are camping at Randy's property east of Oakridge, if you don't know how to get there then stop by the Trailhead cafe and I will leave maps. Camping is dispersed but there will be running water and a Portable Toilet, and is right on the river.

Trek Bicycle just touched base and will have a demo rig there on Saturday and Sunday for people to try out their cool bikes.

Saturday night BBQ: Bring your own, remember beach theme & dress accordingly.

Rides: Plenty of them to go around, I have a few guides lined up to do intermediate to advanced rides throughout the weekend. Fri-Sun.

Questions? Email me before Thursday and I will get back to you.
    Just the Pictures

The Shop

The Blog

Time To Ride,
    General Coonskins

mtbr member

Meet point? Time?

So where is everyone meeting Saturday morning? What time? How early does the Trailhead Cafe open?

mtbr member

The unofficial official meeting spot is..

the Trailhead Cafe, which opens earlier than I have ever been there (that's about 8:30). Sorry I can't get more specific on this. The meeting time is 9 AM.

Check your PM's Terry, I didn't until this AM. Apologies for missing you this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by jollybeggar
    So where is everyone meeting Saturday morning? What time? How early does the Trailhead Cafe open?

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    The Trailhead Coffeehouse opens at 7:30
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    As posted, 7:30 for breakfast, get there early because if it get's busy they have a small kitchen and it can take a little bit to get your food.

We will be meeting to head out for rides at 9am from the Cafe.

Richard
    Just the Pictures

The Shop

The Blog

Time To Ride,
    General Coonskins

mtbr member

Thanks from Canada eh!

SummerRideFest was a huge success with awesome weather, friendly folks and trails in super shape! A big thanks goes out to the all the selfless DoD hosts who schlep'd us Canadians along the endless singletrack in their backyard.

I'll post some pics later, but first I'll tip my hat to Richard, Randy & Co for putting on these rides and hosting. The trip back to Vancouver was smooth sailing but I'll be back to Oakridge for sure.

Cheers!

Mike

mtbr member

Thanks from the Other Vancouver

So, my wife and I were sharing stories on the ride back to Vancouver on all the great people we met over the weekend. We started to ponder the origin of the Summer Ride Fest and I suspect it started with a group of hardcore riders who after countless days of pushing the xc limits, one day said, "You know, we should invite a bunch of scrubs down to oakridge and show them a good time." Seems like such an odd, selfless thing to do. At any rate, as one of the scrubs it was an awesome weekend! A big thanks to Gen Coonskins for organizing the weekend, Randy for his generous use of the van and property, Lori for shuttling our butts around, and all the DODers who maintain the trails and were kind enough to show us around.

I must admit I was a little disappointed (insert sarcasm) that the so-called 35 miles of flowing singletrack only turned out to be 32 miles. Seven powerbars and two camelbaks later, when I rolled back to the hotel with a grin from ear to ear the wife thought I was drunk. No...just a little giddy - maybe slightly delirious. What a great day. And a big thanks to JesterRider for putting my wife's bike on the van (against her better judgement) for the alpine ride, ensuring she got to taste the awesome singletrack.

Great weekend! Thanks, everyone!!

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    You have the origin down pretty close.

It was nice to meet you and the missus even if we did not have the chance to ride together.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Expert Pushing SSer

All of you suk.....

For having such a good time! Wish I was there with the two wheels attached to my fanny. I will gear up (or down ) for next year. I might even bring some folks with me. Look forward to pics of the debauchery.

M

Tuff Schist

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Thanks Guys!

Thanks to Richard, my man, for organizing Ride Fest again! Special thanks to Eric, Steve, Davey and the others for the great ride on Alpine+. Thanks to Eric for driving us all to timbuk two and back, supplying beer, Red Bulls, goo shots, string cheese, and what have you. The guy is damn generous! You DOD guys display an infectous passion for mountain biking that makes me want to ride that much more. I plan to come back for a 4th time to Ride Fest next year. Ride on!

meatier showers
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBro
    Thanks to Richard, my man, for organizing Ride Fest again! Special thanks to Eric, Steve, Davey and the others for the great ride on Alpine+. Thanks to Eric for driving us all to timbuk two and back, supplying beer, Red Bulls, goo shots, string cheese, and what have you. The guy is damn generous! You DOD guys display an infectous passion for mountain biking that makes me want to ride that much more. I plan to come back for a 4th time to Ride Fest next year. Ride on!

Right on, Jim. That was a great ride on Saturday, wasn't it!?! Hope you can make Barbie Camp in October as well... same kinda infectious fun factor but way bigger campfires to warm the post-ride buns. The riding is more epic at RideFest 'cuz it happens in the middle of the season but if you like the positive, carefree funfest atmosphere, come to Barbie Camp Oct. 27-29, '06. Ya cain't hep but have fun.

Hey, and don't miss MBO in August (click at at the top of this page). See you there?

--Davey/Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

mtbr member
    Hey Shiggy, it was good to finally meet you as well. Good to put a face to a name and to thank you in person for all the good info. Looking forward to next time.

mtbr member

Big ups from BFE

Thanks to all the DOD crew for organizing some sweet riding on Sunday. I was only able to ride on Sunday due to prior commitments, but the ride Sunday was killer. Larison Creek couldn't get much better in regards to trail conditions, and Larison Rock, well . I had a great time!

Special thanks go to Lue for being gratious enough to host a ride hung-over like no buddies business. Thanks to Eric for supplying the mobil food/beverage truck, and thanks to Albee for the shuttle run to Larison Rock for one of the most epic down hill runs I have had. Sorry you flatted X2 Albee, but I hope that won't discourage you from riding with me again. I can't say enough about the selflessness of the DOD and the like. I hope to be able to return the favor on some scale some day. Let me know if any of you want to ride in Bend I will be happy to show you around.

Until next time,........ride and smile.

JC (Jason) aka BigfatEd

mtbr member
    Thanks all for coming over and glad we could show you a great time and some great trails. Busy with work and stuff this early part of the week but I will get some of the 250 pictures up I took soon.

Plenty of Summer left to go ride our bikes, until next time...
    Just the Pictures

The Shop

The Blog

Time To Ride,
    General Coonskins