mtbr member
    Jul 2016

Suggestions for Vancouver, WA area early March

I am going to crosspost this to the Washington and Oregon forums. I am going to be in the Vancouver, WA are the first Saturday in March. Based on the recent weather, are there any rides in the Gifford Pinchot Forest, Mt Hood or Portland/Vancouver areas that may be good to ride? Looking for any suggestions, donít know these areas at all. Thanks for any help!

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    definitely are, cold creek is my favorite trail and if the weather holds it may be pretty clear. i am down to show you around if the timing works, cold creek is a great "all mountain" trail with all types of terrain, and if the snow is gone the higher up you can get the better. by far the best trail in the area if you want to pedal, you could also shuttle thrillium.

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by kenwood72 View Post
    definitely are, cold creek is my favorite trail and if the weather holds it may be pretty clear. i am down to show you around if the timing works, cold creek is a great "all mountain" trail with all types of terrain, and if the snow is gone the higher up you can get the better. by far the best trail in the area if you want to pedal, you could also shuttle thrillium.
    Thanks, for the offer! My climbing skills are not the best but and don't want o slow any one down but the Evergreen write up makes this ride sound epic! Thanks for the heads up.