mtbr member

Stub Stewart LinkPin trail closed for construction

A lot of new dirt work has been done and new bridging is currently under construction. The dirt (mud) is slick and unstable, it's difficult to pass with hiking boots and 2 free hands, so trying to carry your bike in riding shoes is going to result in, at the very least, numerous brown stains.

The Stub trails are available to ride as out and back from either direction, but when you see trail closed signs and have to cross a stream on foot, it's time to turn back. Trail will remain closed through spring, please pass the word.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stub Stewart LinkPin trail closed for construction-imag0937.jpg  

Stub Stewart LinkPin trail closed for construction-imag0933.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    man that is all we need is more construction of walking trails in the campground, just need to get out further, that is a manicured horse trails you are on, look for this trail, rocky point by wildwood golf coarse by the truck scales on highway 30, I am looking for new riders to take up there and show all the single track i have found, I mostly ride in st.helens but do go out to Vernonia and Scappoose some times, let me know if you want to ride rocky point or if you can't find it.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by native97051 View Post
    look for this trail, rocky point by wildwood golf coarse by the truck scales on highway 30, I am looking for new riders to take up there and show all the single track i have found, I mostly ride in st.helens but do go out to Vernonia and Scappoose some times, let me know if you want to ride rocky point or if you can't find it.
    I imagine there are few on this forum from the Portland area that don't know about the trails, official and unofficial, off Rocky Point Road. I think I first rode there 12 or 13 years ago.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by native97051 View Post
    man that is all we need is more construction of walking trails in the campground, just need to get out further, that is a manicured horse trails you are on, look for this trail, rocky point by wildwood golf coarse by the truck scales on highway 30, I am looking for new riders to take up there and show all the single track i have found, I mostly ride in st.helens but do go out to Vernonia and Scappoose some times, let me know if you want to ride rocky point or if you can't find it.
    I've only been to Stub Stewart once to ride, the trails are legit and not more walking trails or manicured horse trails. The mileage isn't there, but they seem to be working on that.

And, does anybody know the status of the Scappoose/Rocky point trails? I haven't ridden there for at least year or more. Seems like I get the occasional email from NWTA stating the south or north side is closed or open, but that's about all I hear.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Last I heard was north side open and south closed. I haven't been out there in close to two years. Is night riding still not allowed?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Vancbiker View Post
    I imagine there are few on this forum from the Portland area that don't know about the trails, official and unofficial, off Rocky Point Road. I think I first rode there 12 or 13 years ago.
    Thanks, the info is appreciated. We often spend some time on the Oregon coast (Seaside/Cannon Beach) during the summer and I've always wondered where I could find some singletrack riding. I'll try to remember Rocky Point Road.
    2013 Ibis Ripley
    2012 Ibis Mojo SL-R
    2009 C'dale Rize 3

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I was at Rocky Pt in September 2013 and the north side was open.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    North is open, south is closed. No night riding period. Been out there several times this winter.
    2011 Santa Cruz Blur LTc
    2005 KHS DJ200
    2005 Rocky Mountain ETSX-70 (stolen)

Metalheadbikerider
    Thanks for all of your volunteer effort out at Stub. I hear that if these trails get built that there is potential for even more mtg-specific trails. That would be rad as it is a great place to camp with the family and get some riding in, too. This could be a premiere destination for PDX'ers.
    Support mtb'ing in the Portland area, join NWTA with your dollars, hands, and/or voice. nw-trail.org