Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Stolen: Syscip Double Dribble 29er; Cannondale R400

Hello all,

I had two bikes stolen from the parking lot at Valley River Center in Eugene Oregon on Sunday June 29, 2008. The bikes were locked to a Sportworks rack at 4pm, I returned to my care a 6:45pm and the bikes were gone.

I'm not asking for sympathy, but I am asking you to have your eyes open for a HUGE 29" wheel FS Sycip Double Dribble. This bike is built with the 4" travel Ventana rear end. I will include a parts list as well as pictures of both bikes stolen. Please be looking for these bikes and parts on Ebay as well as Eugene Craigslist over the next 4-6 weeks. I have filed a police report with the Eugene Police Department. I have made contact with McKenzie at Willamete Mountain Mercantile in Oakridge Oregon as well. McKenzie has offered to spread the word to the bike shops in Eugene as well as the Pon Shops in the Eugene area.

One distinct marking on the Sycip is a dent on the down tube about 2" way from the BB shell on the no drive side of the tube. The frame is custom built for someone 6'6" tall and a 38" inseam. This bike will fit very few people and will stand out because of it unusual size.

The Cannodale road bike that was stolen is also very large (66cm). It has a Wound Up carbon fork on it with a 1" head tube. The bike was stolen without pedals. Please ask me questions if you feel you need more information in order to spread the informed word about this loss.

Please contact contact the Eugene Police Department with any information you might have at:

541-682-5111

Also contact me directly so I can relay information to the officer covering the case directly.

Jason Meyer
    541-419-8185

Thank you for your time.

*Note: The cranks and the brake system in the pictures are not what was on the bike when stolen. I swapped my cranks for the 2008 Shimano XT (180mm), and built a hybrid brake system using 2008 XTR brake levers, and Shimano XT 755 (4 piston) brake calipers in the past 6 weeks and never took pictures of the bike with you upgrades.

Sycip Designs
    Double Dribble 29er
    4” travel full Suspension

Bike Owner: Jason Meyer
    Eugene Police Department
    Incident # 08-49772
    Parts List
    Frame: Sycip Double Dribble
    -Custom built, Full Suspension (4” travel)
    -Front triangle: Custom size XXL steel
    -Rear triangle: Ventana 4” travel
    Fork: Rock Shox Reba Race (black w/ Pop Lock)
    Rear Shock: Fox Float RP3
    Head Set: Chris King No Threads (pewter)
    Stem: Thomson X4 (110mm, silver)
    Seatpost: Thomson Elite (27.2 x 410mm uncut)
    Saddle: Koobi Au Enduro (magnesium rails)
    Handle Bars: Salsa Pro Moto Carbon (31.8mm clamp (over sized)) uncut
    Drivetrain
    Shifters: Sram X9
    Rear Der.: Sram X9
    Front Der.: Generation X (black)
    Cassette: Sram PG-990 (with Shimano lock ring)
    Chain: N/A (chain was not on bike when stolen)
    Cranks/BB: 2008 Shimano XT FC-M770 (180mm)
    Pedals: Crank Brothers Egg Beaters
    Cables: Sram Flack Jackets
    Brakes
    Levers: 2008 Shimano XTR BL-M975
    Calipers: Shimano XT 755
    Wheels
    Rims: Salsa Delgado Race 29er (black)
    Front Hub: Chris King ISO Disc
    Rear Hub: Chris King ISO Disc
    Front Tire: Maxxis Ignitor 29 x 2.1
    Rear Tire: Maxxis Crossmark 29 x 2.1
    Accessories
    Gramin Edge 305 GPS
    King Cage stainless steal water bottle cage
    Feed Bag
    Pedros Seat bag
    Grips: Custom red bar tape

Road Bike
    Cannondale
    R400
    Road Bike
    Serial #M017667
    Frame: Cannondale R400
    Fork: Wound Up 1” steer tube uncut
    Headset: Chris King 1”
    Stem: Ritchey WCS 120mm
    Seatpost: Ritchey WCS
    Saddle: Koobi Au Enduro w/ Magneseum rails
    Handlebars Ritchey Pro
    Drivetrain
    Shifters: Shimano Ultegra
    Rear Der.: Shimano Ultegra
    Front Der.: Shimano Ultegra
    Cassette: Shimano Ultegra
    Chain: Shimano
    Cranks/BB: Shimano Ultegra
    Pedals: Crank Brothers Egg Beaters
    Breaks: Shimano Ultegra
    Wheels: Mavic Cosmo
    Accessories: Elite Ciussi water bottle cages X 2
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BIGfatED; 06-30-2008 at 01:36 PM. Reason: more pictures

Singletrack Addict
    Dude, say it ain't so! And after the busted derailleur too.

I'll keep my eye peeled in Portland.

-Luck

DOD Member
    You bet I'll be watching Jason. What a crappy way to end a weekend. Tough luck on the mechanical in the CCP too!
    MaxSteel

mtbr member
    Thanks guys!!

High Speed Botanist

Oh man...

That really sucks. I'll keep an eye out around Eugene here and on Craigslist. Best of luck getting the word out and recovery of the bikes.

Does Sportworks offer any sort of coverage?

Catch up with you soon man.

meatier showers
    Jason, dude...! Bad freakin' luck there, my friend. You bet my eyes are peeled.

For the record, those bikes just might fit me. But also for the record, I was in Westfir until 9:45pm Sunday evening. {ubiquitous smiley emoticon}

Hope us locals can help you get them bikes back. Or if not us, then somebody. We're on the case.

--Davey
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

Tree Hugger
    Sorry to hear the news, can VRC security help with video footage, or security patrol reports? By the way, what were you doing at VRC? You should have been re-plenishing fluids at Aid 2.1!
    I took photos of yer Sycip yesterday. I'll post one here tonight.
    I love mankind - it's people I can't stand. ~Charles M. Schulz

mtbr member
    I live off River road...... Too many bums on the bike path and scum mall rats in the parking lot at VRC.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Sunday, June 29, 2008 will probably not go down as one of your favorite days. My heart goes out to you, Jason.

I'm heading into town shortly to pick up my daughter and to do some errands. You can bet I will be keeping an eye out.

May the good karma you earned for coming over and doing trailwork here pay off in the way of your bikes being returned!

Al

p.s. read my new signature

mtbr member
    You guys are great! Thanks for the support. I'm attempting to contact the manager of Paul's on 6th street to get him pictures and parts lists. If anyone can help me spread the word to other bike shops in Eugene that would be great.

Sas- we made a report to the security guy roaming the area in his Jeep Liberty, the police officer also talked with him about surveillance camera footage. I'm not sure how to follow up on that, do you?

The iron steed was DOA when I got back to Aid 2. Bent derailleur hanger ment a DNF for BFE once again this year. I think I will find a bike that breaks less.

sParty- still think the big DD might be a little big on you, but I know you were having fun playing in the dirt all day yesterday to snag my bikes.

lswing: Thanks for the support
    Albee: This is not the end.......

Making fat cool since '71
    The word is out at our shop. I'll get the photos to the other mechanics in the AM. It will spread to the other shops as well. Good luck with VRC.

Sorry man. Thieves suck.

Brock...
    Are the wheels roundish? Ride it.

Disciples Of Dirt, come ride with us.

High Speed Botanist

I'll talk with all the Paul's shops...

Tomorrow I'll speak with Matt the GM, and talk to the other 3 stores to spread the word. We can also contact the other shops around town. You never know.......

Best wishes man, good to see you on Sunday and thanks again for being part of our biking community.

Hall's bike shop
    Jan 2007
    we will keep an eye out for it, if it comes thru at lifecycle.

sucks man, i feel for you

mtbr member
    Got cher' back Jason~

and I do feel for you brother!

SSconny in Eugene

(Damien)

Tree Hugger
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch
    Sorry to hear the news, can VRC security help with video footage, or security patrol reports? By the way, what were you doing at VRC? You should have been re-plenishing fluids at Aid 2.1!
    I took photos of yer Sycip yesterday. I'll post one here tonight.

Unfortunately,I didn't get any shots that would help ID the bike. Your shots are much better. Good luck getting the bikes back. Do you have any back ups, or are you currently bikeless?
    I love mankind - it's people I can't stand. ~Charles M. Schulz

mtbr member
    Fortunately I am not bikeless. I have my Yo Eddy set up as a 96er rigid SS. Not the best road bike but it slays on dirt.

BFE

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch
    Unfortunately,I didn't get any shots that would help ID the bike. Your shots are much better. Good luck getting the bikes back. Do you have any back ups, or are you currently bikeless?

mtbr member

Sympathies

My friend,
    Sorry to hear about your loss. I frequent all of the Or. Craigslists out of habit. I will send word is I see anything.
    Theft sucks! I heard that there is a crew focusing specifically on cables in Eugene right now. keep pedaling!
    See you at the trailhead!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by power2thepedal
    My friend,
    Sorry to hear about your loss. I frequent all of the Or. Craigslists out of habit. I will send word is I see anything.
    Theft sucks! I heard that there is a crew focusing specifically on cables in Eugene right now. keep pedaling!
    There needs to be a anti-theft-reclaiming campaign on the bike path. I talked to a bum today who IMO was on a stolen bike ( 200-400 bike ) they dont like to talk much about them.

And if you check CL alot you recently saw the posts about one of the newer bike shops receiving stolen property and then several months ago posts about the same shop.

mtbr member
    It really is too bad that one of our LBS is pretending to be ignorant anytime a stolen bike comes in to their shop. I have often wondered if the actions of "that shop" are just some flukes I have seen over the last year or if this is a pattern for them.
    I did see that ad on CL and I was trying to picture S&@ne's face when asked about it.
    See you at the trailhead!

mtbr member
    On a positive note: I have been granted full replacement value for both of the stolen bikes through home owner insurance. I have been working closely with Jay at Sycip and Todd at Webcyclery to build up some awesome bikes in the near future.

I'm going 29er hartdtail, Rohloff hub and Paragon dropouts on my MTB. For those of you who witnessed my early departure in the CCP 2008, or who know me and how I like to break bikes and part.......This bike will give me less sh*t to break and greater potential to ride all day!! I can build it up SS as well. Going with a cross bike as my road worthy steed, just seems more my style than a road specific bike, hope it works to my liking

Thanks for the sympathy votes. See you on the dirt soon. Ride on!

BFE

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I'm a little worried about my bike being ripped off here in the Eugene area also. Granted it's not anything super expensive but I wouldn't like to buy another one...

Is there any extra underwriting that you had to do on your homeowners policy to include coverage for your bikes?

mtbr member
    Jason, sorry to hear of your loss. First I heard of it was when Albee told me, when he & I were riding Lawler last Sunday. Haven't been on the computer much since doing lots of OT at work. Thieves suck. They shoot horse thieves, don't they?

Quote Originally Posted by spipedong
    I'm a little worried about my bike being ripped off here in the Eugene area also. Granted it's not anything super expensive but I wouldn't like to buy another one...

Is there any extra underwriting that you had to do on your homeowners policy to include coverage for your bikes?
    Not likely to need anything extra in the policy unless you have a very high deductible. Whatever the deductible is, you'll have to cover with cash. My info comes from having written many replacement estimates (as a former bike shop owner) for theft victims.

Flaps - Tim

mtbr member
    Flaps-
    Thanks for the post. I liked Derick's punishment better.....remove the skin from the privates and dip them in Tabasco .

spipedong- there was not under writting, and the deductible is taken out of the replacement value of the stolen items. Just make sure you know every part on your bike, so if it is stolen you can identify and collect the value to replace and possibly upgrade the replacement bike. Bikes seem to be worth a lot more purchased piece by piece.

I am very thankful to have home owners insurance and to be able to replace my bikes. The mountain bike frame has been put on order with Sycip already, and the order for on the CX frame will be placed early next week.

BFE

Quote Originally Posted by Mudflaps
    Jason, sorry to hear of your loss. First I heard of it was when Albee told me, when he & I were riding Lawler last Sunday. Haven't been on the computer much since doing lots of OT at work. Thieves suck. They shoot horse thieves, don't they?

Not likely to need anything extra in the policy unless you have a very high deductible. Whatever the deductible is, you'll have to cover with cash. My info comes from having written many replacement estimates (as a former bike shop owner) for theft victims.

Flaps - Tim

My Ass is My Pilot
    What no mention of how close you work with B.O.S/S.....Big J I am hurt. JK
    B.O.S/S Shampoo Now with More No More Gears! 34/18
    Ride With B.O.S/S

mtbr member
    B.O.S.S. has had an intricate roll in parts selecting for these new bikes. Ashpioletrev is a good friend who now works the cycling industry from outside the shop. He has given me insite into the industry that has made me a better cyclist as well as a better consumer of great bike parts and fame technology.

Thanks for all the help Lil'MC. I can't wait to build these things up in my garage!!

I will send you a full report on parts lists, and frame details soon. I have nothing in my email inbox, but as soon as I do I will let you know.

Big J

Quote Originally Posted by ashpioletrev
    What no mention of how close you work with B.O.S/S.....Big J I am hurt. JK

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast