Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Stolen in SE PDX: gold Niner SIR9

877 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  jekramerjr51 
#1 · (Edited)
I was picking up a teammate on xmas morning near 21st & SE Clinton and in between going into and coming out of his house, about 10 minutes, some filthy scum grabbed my Niner off the top of my car. The person who took it left their Mongoose Rockadile behind with no front wheel, so obviously they put it on my Niner and rode off.

specs as it was stolen:

Large Niner SIR9 frame, gold, set up as a singlespeed. Serial # is PY9160029
black Niner steel fork
black King headset
Thomson setback seatpost/WTB saddle
Thomoson 100mm stem/Salsa flat bars, super wide, 11 degree sweep/Ergon grips
XTR M960 crank, singlespeed modded, with a red Homebrew Components 32t chainring
two fancy plasticky Specialized bottle cages
Crank Bros. pedals
BB7 brakes/Speed Dial levers
Stan's Arch rear rim/black Hope Pro2 singlespeed hub with QR/Schwalbe Little Albert tire
may or may not still have a GPS mount on the right side of the bars
may or may not still have a rear fender ziptied to the seat tube
may or may not still have a front fender attached to the fork
may or may not still have a Mountain Feedbag handlebar bag
may be being ridden around with a 26" or other obviously not correct front wheel, so probably has no functioning front brake

I don't have much hope that I'll see it again but I've filed a police report - case # 09-114264, posted to bikeportland, OBRA list, and contacted a bunch of shops to get the word out. I spent a couple hours cruising where the bums hang out hoping to see it but no luck. With any luck the person who has it is stupid enough to take it to a shop looking for a front wheel. This was my ride for Old Pueblo so it's a real bummer.

503.544.4074 or doghouse@canisstudio.com if you happen to run across the bike or any information about it!

See less See more
#4 ·
I'm Very Sorry to hear that....truly. This is blocks from my house so I will certainly keep my eye out and plus take it as a warning. Since a bum took it I would want to think it might turn up because he wouldn't have the means to move it. ..or lest hope.

Good luck

#6 ·
jekramerjr51 said:
if you believe in karma,this low life,scumbag will get his! i know you're kicking yourself,so i wont preach,but..................... never turn your back on what you hold dearest. nuff said
You got that right. I've beat myself up pretty bad for being stupid but what's done is done. Fortunately my incredibly fantastic friends Jim and Sue at Oregon Bike Shop are really going above and beyond so I can get another bike built. :thumbsup: A Karate Monkey frame and stuff I don't already have in my parts box will be here on Wednesday. All things considered life really isn't so bad.

Thanks everyone for keeping a lookout!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.