mtbr member
    Aug 2004

STOLEN: Bike tools and parts out of Medford/Ashland

All of my bike tools and parts were stolen out of my garage in Medford along with my Orange Camelbak MULE and my non-bike hand tools on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning.

Police and insurance reports have been made.

Should you hear of anything unusual come up for sale--let me know. Maybe your riding buddy tells you he scored this great deal on a huge case of bike tools for only $20. If he does--please let me know.

The case has plenty of stickers on it including Pear Blossom, Thomson, GoPro, and others. It is black and clear plastic. It is a big one about 30 inches long by 14 deep by 14 tall. There are plenty of special tools in there and my collection of random parts including 2 NOS titanium bottom brackets and a black Thomson stem. There is the typical BB tools, headset tools, chain whip, cassette tool, CO2 cartridges, carbon headset spacers, top caps, brake pads, etc. It was basically a bike shop in a box.

One of my two biggest losses with the Cannondale Magic motorcycle crank removal tool. I need that!

The other is an IBIS HANDJOB that was in my Camelbak. It was my good luck charm and was always there when I need a beer opened.

Please let me know if you hear of anything. I am rabidly searching craigslist, etc and feel free to cross post.

Oh--and the dumbass thieves left my quiver of bikes untouched.

Eric
    54I Three O I 27 Four 8.

Keep Singletrack Single

STOLEN: Bike tools and parts out of Medford/Ashland

That sucks!!!! Sorry to hear that. Hope they catch the bastard!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Phil's Trail Steward for COTA
    http://www.cotamtb.com
    Phil's Trail Facebook Page
    https://www.facebook.com/PhilsTrail

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Were your bikes right there? Wonder why they didn't take them. It's not a friend messin' with you is it?

How is theft/crime in S. Oregon? Wife and I are considering a move to the area but have been hearing bad things about meth and how there are no cops in josephine county.
    Bend, OR

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyS600 View Post
    Were your bikes right there? Wonder why they didn't take them. It's not a friend messin' with you is it?

How is theft/crime in S. Oregon? Wife and I are considering a move to the area but have been hearing bad things about meth and how there are no cops in josephine county.
    Bikes were right next to tools--however they carefully wedged into my garage as it is stuffed full of stuff. They were either afraid of making noise trying to get them out or they were driving a small car and had no where to put a bike.

You are correct--there are just about no police in Josephine County. There are plenty in Grants Pass (the largest city there). I am not sure why you would want to live there unless you are 70-plus.

Medford/Ashland/Jacksonville is much different. Not as sophisticated as Bend, but plenty nice and much better mountain biking!!! Meth is no worse here than any city on the west coast.