mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Stolen bike: C'dale Prophet 600, red, 2005

My bike was stolen tonigh from the open garage of my house in Beaverton
    It is 2005 C'dale Prophet 600, red. Front derailleur was replaced with XTR and cranks with
    LX (this replcament is a topic of a separate technical discussion ). My first mountain bike!

S/N Q021620

While it is reported to police and likely covered under my home insurance, I'd appreciate
    any advise on recovering the stolen bike. Any additional forums I could post? Local stolen bike registries?
    Please, forward this info to friends who possibly are on the market for a used mountain bike.

Thanks,
    Alex
    PS. You can contact me directly at "alex_birman AT hotmail DOT com"

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by abirman
    My bike was stolen tonigh from the open garage of my house in Beaverton
    It is 2005 C'dale Prophet 600, red. Front derailleur was replaced with XTR and cranks with
    LX (this replcament is a topic of a separate technical discussion ). My first mountain bike!

S/N Q021620

While it is reported to police and likely covered under my home insurance, I'd appreciate
    any advise on recovering the stolen bike. Any additional forums I could post? Local stolen bike registries?
    Please, forward this info to friends who possibly are on the market for a used mountain bike.

Thanks,
    Alex
    PS. You can contact me directly at "alex_birman AT hotmail DOT com"
    post on craigslistdotcom
    also, fax your local pawn shops.

gave up SS in 1975
    Oh man that sucks. Definately go to the local pawn shops in the area, for up to a month, or maybe longer. Call them up an pretend like an idiot that is looking for a 'cannon something in a red color'. Sometimes they'll find it for you to try to sell it back to you. Let the cops know which shop it is at, then go in with them to confirm the identity of the bike, don't go alone. Sometimes the jerks will sit on stolen stuff or sometimes they'll trade it quickly. I have been lucky, but have had many friends/family that have been ripped off.

discombobulated SuperModerator
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CharacterZero
    post on craigslistdotcom
    also, fax your local pawn shops.
    And watch craigslist.com as well....Make sure you select the right city!
    CDT

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Thanks for the advise and moral support!

-Alex-