mtbr member
    Oct 2005

South West Oregon Snow levels? (Ashland, GP, Applegate)

Heading down from WA for a 4 day weekend and was wondering if the Asland, Applegate etc... trails are all accessible (snow, blow down, washout...)? Has anyone been on Jedi near Grants Pass and know if that's rideable?

Any help on or off list would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks!
    HappyTrails

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Trails are in pretty good shape.

All the trails in Ashland below Four COrners are ridable and have little to no blowdown. The Loop road should be clear of snow by this weekend. Some people have already made their way around it and reported quickly melting snow. The Applegate trails are in good shape for the most part. The lake trail has a couple of small washouts but is in good shape otherwise. Cook and Green has some blowdown and the three creek crossings are running pretty good, but otherwise it's passable. Stein Butte and Elliot Ridge are good to go. Collins and Mule Mountain are fine, and I think Little Greyback is okay except for some down logs and limbs. Mostly, watch out for the poison oak. It's going off like crazy this year.
    [SIZE=2]I like to start out slow and then back it off a notch.[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Thanks!!!

Perfect, thanks for the reply!!!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Great riding (Taylor Creek and Mule Mtn.Creek)

I have done Taylor Creek before (OAB). Nice ride and about 3k of vert I suspect.
    If you want the high res of these email me off list and I can send them.

On Sat I did Mule Mtn (919) and Mule Creek (920). Brutal but fun. 919 is a bit over grown with the scub brush and I got some nasty scratches to prove it. 920 looks like it hasn;t been cleaned in years but it was still fun.

Make that "6" Gearz...
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Thanks for the pics. Looks beautiful! How's your bum? Almost missed these, for some reason they went into my junk email file.