mtbr member

Sometimes you feel like a NUT.....

Today I took a solo ride up the North Umpqua River. It was a near perfect Winter day in So. OR and a great day to be out riding. I hit the Riverview Trail near Steamboat. The Riverview trail is an old section of the North Umpqua Highway that still remains today. It parallels the current highway below and serves as a nice year 'round trail for hiking and riding. There are several vantage points along the trail that afford some nice views of the river below. Here are a few pics from today.

1) Starting out at 38 degrees.
    2) Intersection of Bogus Crk and Riverview Trails
    3) Smoke err fog on the water
    4) Riverview Trail
    5)Williams Crk bridge
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member

A few more

6) Williams Crk
    7) A little snow along the way
    8) No. Umpqua River
    9) More river and trail
    10) Fun guy
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Thanks for the pic's, takes me back to our summer trip when we stayed at Bogus Creek for 4 days.
    Just the Pictures

The Shop

The Blog

Time To Ride,
    General Coonskins

mtbr member
    Nice stuff Steve. It was nice in the Lorane Vally even. Especially so, since after we were done trailbuilding, we had to ride the newest trail at Whypass. It is gonna be the sleeper of ACM!

Tim

mtbr member

Can't Wait

Quote Originally Posted by Mudflaps
    we had to ride the newest trail at Whypass. It is gonna be the sleeper of ACM!
    Looking forward to checking it out Tim! My nephew's planning to come down from PDX and is bringing a couple of his buddies as well. See ya then.

Steve

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Great pics!

I didn't realize the North Umpqua was good to ride this time of year (just moved to OR). What sections of the trail are recommended? I'd really like to get in a long ride. I haven't found many around Ashland/Medford area.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ucme4dk
    Great pics!

I didn't realize the North Umpqua was good to ride this time of year (just moved to OR). What sections of the trail are recommended? I'd really like to get in a long ride. I haven't found many around Ashland/Medford area.

Thanks
    All of the upper sections of the NUT are under snow right now (starting at somewhere around the Jessie Wright section at MP 50 and above). The lower sections eg Tioga, Mott, Panther and maybe Calf are pretty much rideable all year long if you don't mind contending with varying degrees of blow down along the trail.

Steve

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Thanks!